• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shang Chi - Spolier Discussion
1 1

21 posts in this topic

First impression,

The plot wasn't what I thought it would be and to be honest I thought it was a pretty boring. I don't understand why Shang Chi needed 3 side kicks.  I thought it was pretty lame that Shang Chi's dad only figured out that this mystical civilization was driving distance from his compound in 1996! :facepalm: Come on man! The dude was a 1000 years old!  

All the jokes fell flat with me and with the entire audience (not a peep throughout the whole movie).  

I give the bus scene an A+ though. It really got me excited that I thought this might be a pretty good movie but then it fell flat for me.

I was very disappoint with the arena stuff.  I was hoping that would be more apart of the story.

This didn't fell like an MCU at ALL other than some references throughout the movie. Shang Chi was part a a team more or less, it wasn't "his" movie.

Over all I give it a C+ and underwhelming  and I'm trying to figure out whether I liked it better then BW or not....

Edited by Xenosmilus

On 9/3/2021 at 12:47 AM, Larryw7 said:

What was the mid credits scene?

Shang-Katy go to the sanctum sanctorum with Wong and basically become Avengers. They meet Captain Marvel and Banner and determine that the 10 rings are a beacon  of some kind. And then, they sing The Eagles karaoke..,

Edited by Xenosmilus

On 9/2/2021 at 10:05 PM, Xenosmilus said:

First impression,

The plot wasn't what I thought it would be and to be honest I thought it was a pretty boring. I don't understand why Shang Chi needed 3 side kicks.  I thought it was pretty lame that Shang Chi's dad only figured out that this mystical civilization was driving distance from his compound in 1996! :facepalm: Come on man! The dude was a 1000 years old!  

All the jokes fell flat with me and with the entire audience (not a peep throughout the whole movie).  

I give the bus scene an A+ though. It really got me excited that I thought this might be a pretty good movie but then it fell flat for me.

I was very disappoint with the area stuff.  I was hoping that would be more apart of the story.

This didn't fell like an MCU at ALL other than some references throughout the movie. Shang Chi was part a a team more or less, it wasn't "his" movie.

Over all I give it a C+ and underwhelming  and I'm trying to figure out whether I liked it better then BW or not....

Everyone in the forum can read this post without clicking the thread. Nice work.

On 9/2/2021 at 10:05 PM, Xenosmilus said:

As I've said here over and over, ALL MCU flicks end up being team-up movies, whether it's with other super-powered heroes or with non-powered heroes. Ragnarok ended up being a Defenders movie. Black Panther ended up being a team-up of T'Challa, Shuri, the Dora Milaje, M'Baku, and Agent Ross. Captain Marvel ended up being a team-up of Carol, Fury, Talos, and Maria Rambeau. Even Loki ended up being a team-up of Loki, Sylvie, Moebius, and Hunter B-15.

WenWu had been reading and studying about the mystic city where they practiced martial arts from the gods for quite a while and even then he only found an outpost of the city where he met Shang-Chi's mother.

On 9/3/2021 at 8:38 AM, @therealsilvermane said:

As I've said here over and over, ALL MCU flicks end up being team-up movies, whether it's with other super-powered heroes or with non-powered heroes. Ragnarok ended up being a Defenders movie. Black Panther ended up being a team-up of T'Challa, Shuri, the Dora Milaje, M'Baku, and Agent Ross. Captain Marvel ended up being a team-up of Carol, Fury, Talos, and Maria Rambeau. Even Loki ended up being a team-up of Loki, Sylvie, Moebius, and Hunter B-15.

WenWu had been reading and studying about the mystic city where they practiced martial arts from the gods for quite a while and even then he only found an outpost of the city where he met Shang-Chi's mother.

True but it was to the point the main character seemed minimized. That wasn’t true with your other examples.

On 9/3/2021 at 9:01 AM, SuperBird said:

Why exactly did Wen Wu send Shang Chi that letter? He knew where Shang and his sister already were...

WenWu wanted to compel Shang-Chi to come to Hong Kong where his sister was to have them together. Maybe he didn't want to have to travel to San Francisco. Most important, he needed the eyes of the dragon, but he also wanted his family back.