• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM House of Secrets 92
4 4

10 posts in this topic

Are those stains on the back from rusty staples on a book this one was stacked upon or are they from this copy? And is there rust migration?

On 9/4/2021 at 11:54 AM, grendelbo said:

Are those stains on the back from rusty staples on a book this one was stacked upon or are they from this copy? And is there rust migration?

Good question...I do not have the book in hand, but unfortunately I think they are from this copy. 

And, I'm sure this is a newb question, but could you define rust migration for me?

Also, sorry for the slow response...I couldn't get on the boards earlier today for some reason.

Thanks for your help!

On 9/4/2021 at 9:28 PM, uvalusk said:

I couldn't get on the boards earlier today for some reason.

Screenshot_20210730-125832_Chrome.thumb.jpg.a1fbc162b5ef4dc0ad21c458be59f66a.jpg.7ecd97c9c31b55b3903f343cc91af586.jpg1589606586_Ijustsnortedmilkoutmynoseandproceededto_a53be6cc904e63941709e5f7eae8f4e1.gif.5bd59e283177e679ac5a82d2c25dc670.gif

On 9/4/2021 at 9:28 PM, uvalusk said:

could you define rust migration for me?

Basically, rust stains that move. From the staples to the cover or interior paper or sometimes from book to book because of stacking or proximity.

Because of the placement of the staples seen on the front cover, these stains look to be from another book. Maybe. Last time I graded one like this I was way harsher than CGC on this defect.

I'm going to say 5.0 as is, C&P to 6.0.

Thanks for posting. It'll be interesting to see what CGC says.

On 9/4/2021 at 11:47 PM, grendelbo said:

Basically, rust stains that move. From the staples to the cover or interior paper or sometimes from book to book because of stacking or proximity.

Because of the placement of the staples seen on the front cover, these stains look to be from another book. Maybe. Last time I graded one like this I was way harsher than CGC on this defect.

I'm going to say 5.0 as is, C&P to 6.0.

Thanks for posting. It'll be interesting to see what CGC says.

Thanks for all the helpful information!