• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

how do you store your high value comics?
1 1

4 posts in this topic

On 9/11/2021 at 3:08 PM, drmanhattanite said:

So I have some real $$ books that I want to put in a safe or something similar at home? does anyone else do this? Any suggestions?

thanks!

I think there have been a few good, informative threads here about this over the years.

I’ve used a nice gun case in the past.

But pay attention to temps & humidity in your local area. Those can be real drivers of what you can/should do.

On 9/11/2021 at 5:08 PM, drmanhattanite said:

So I have some real $$ books that I want to put in a safe or something similar at home? does anyone else do this? Any suggestions?

thanks!

If you put comics in a safe, even if they're CGC encased, you're apparently supposed to put a strong desiccant pack in the safe with them to absorb moisture. I've read horror stories of comics stored in safes that end up with rusty staples after a while because safes don't breathe and therefore moisture is locked inside.

I don’t think it’s cause moisture is locked inside, but that small “fireproof” safes walls contain moisturized materials to slow the heat from getting in and toasting the contents.These infuse the inner chamber with the moisture that can rust staples. Maybe dessicants can kelp, always a good idea, but may need too much moisture to be balanced by the dessicants .

Edited by Aman619