• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Most Valuable Comic Book in existence?
1 1

33 posts in this topic

Does he ever show his books to anyone?

There was an episode of Justified where the Marshals consulted the worlds leading collector of Adolf Hitler paintings. The guy gets a lot of scorn for his collecting but at the end of the episode he insists on showing them his collection.  It's all ashes in jars, as he burnt the paintings as soon as he bought them.  Imagine if the Dentist did something similar.

On 9/13/2021 at 3:04 PM, shadroch said:

Does he ever show his books to anyone?

There was an episode of Justified where the Marshals consulted the worlds leading collector of Adolf Hitler paintings. The guy gets a lot of scorn for his collecting but at the end of the episode he insists on showing them his collection.  It's all ashes in jars, as he burnt the paintings as soon as he bought them.  Imagine if the Dentist did something similar.

I know at least one or 2 people on these boards have seen the Edgar Church Action #1 in person. However, this was likely at least 20 years ago.

On 9/13/2021 at 1:14 PM, skybolt said:

I know at least one or 2 people on these boards have seen the Edgar Church Action #1 in person. However, this was likely at least 20 years ago.

I know people who have sold to him, but it seems to be a big black hole. I'm curious if anyone has ever been allowed to see his vault.  I'm not implying anything sinister, just curious if he ever opens up.

To me the two most undervalued books, Captain America #1...which just sold for 180K at Ha so that no longer really is in the bottom two, but I still think this  dollar for dollar is the best GA Key buy out there, are Marvel #1 and Whiz # 2....the Whiz origin story is amazing ...there is gonna be real price growth on any unrestored copy 5.0 and above, and Marvel #1 as time goes on will catch up to it's old status where it was the equal for A1/Sup 1...or at least price appreciate on a higher scale. AF15 3.6 M givers not only SA a boast, but GA also, when millions are spent on one comic book it reinforces all comic book collector and investment value. This sale was a win-win for everybody....agree or disagree on the best GA Key buys out there?

Edited by Mmehdy