• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

<CLOSED> Quality Comics GA group: Plastic Man 32, 33, 34, 35; 3x Police Comics w/ zero census; The Spirit; also GA Green Lantern 36 <CLOSED>
2 2

24 posts in this topic

RULES:

PayPal is easiest, but I'll take a check or MO if that's what you want.

US shipping is via USPS Priority. I like the flat rate legal sized envelope, so that's $8.25. If we have to move to a box, I will work with you to find the most cost effective solution, but your costs should be capped at $15.50 for the medium flat rate box. Insurance is they buyer's choice, and will cost whatever the USPS rate is.  If you want something else, happy to work with you. I don't expect to list any slabs right now, but who knows? Slabs ship at $15.50. I will ship outside the US. I'm not trying to make any money on shipping, so I am happy to work with you, but 100% of the cost will be on you.

I'll accept returns, but shipping is on the buyer unless I made an error in the listing.

First “I’ll take it” in the thread wins, and those would trump any ongoing PM negotiations.

No buyers from the bad lists.

Let me know if I missed anything.

Edited by elibowman

Plastic Man #32, 1951. I have this one at 4.0. It's better structurally with some spine wear, see the edge wear on the right side front, and blunted corners. There is foxing both front and back cover, or this would be higher. Complete and attached, with nice pages. Only 8 copies on the census. Nice electrocution cover.

$150  **SOLD to @MrBedrock**

Spoiler

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Plastic Man #34, 1952. This copy is also complete and well attached. Slight stacking roll, a light vertical crease that I would say might be a sub crease, corner ding at the top spine, some minor edge wear at the bottom, a stain at the bottom back spine area. Let's go 5.0 on this one, but please be sure to take a look at that stain. If anything drops it further, it would be that IMO. Only 7 blue labels on the census.

$250  **SOLD to @MrBedrock**

Spoiler

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Plastic Man #35, 1952. Another classic cover. The dark cover doesn't show too much wear, but some spine stress, and bottom right corner creasing. However, the right edge front (left edge back) has some waviness that runs most of the length of the book, but only extends in like 1/2". No interior staining to confirm moisture exposure, but that sure is what it seems. I think it's a 4.0. Complete and well attached. This one has the weakest PQ of the Plastic Mans, but still pretty decent. There are a whopping 4 copies on the census. 

$300  **SOLD to @MrBedrock**

Spoiler

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Back for at least a few minutes...

Police Comics #97, 1949. This one has some spine wear including a couple very small staple tears, an "M" written in pencil on cover, and a couple longer corner creases bottom right front, a bit of stacking roll, chip right edge. I think it's a 3.5 copy. Zero copies on the census.

$65  **NOW $55**

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Police Comics #115, 1952. Pretty reds on this Reed Crandall cover. Bottom staple pop but top is still holding (weak though), tiny "B" written in pencil near top front, spine wear and edge wear. I think it's a 3.0, but looks better.

$40  **SOLD to @MrBedrock**

Spoiler

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

On 9/14/2021 at 4:40 PM, elibowman said:

Police Comics #115, 1952. Pretty reds on this Reed Crandall cover. Bottom staple pop but top is still holding (weak though), tiny "B" written in pencil near top front, spine wear and edge wear. I think it's a 3.0, but looks better.

$40

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

:takeit:

Police Comics #121, 1952. BLACK PANTHER COVER! Couldn't resist...:boo:. Another Reed Crandall cover, and another one with nice color and gloss. Wear around the edges, but the body of the cover is really nice. Arrival date in pencil on the left edge, small stain on the back. Complete and well attached. I think it's a 6.0. Again...zero copies on the census.

$70  **SOLD to @MrBedrock**

Spoiler

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Taking a break from regularly scheduled programming (Quality Comics) to add a couple others...

Green Lantern #36, 1949, Alex Toth cover and some of the interior art as well. Last issue in this run is #38, so this is third from the last, and tough to find. Solidly attached and complete copy. Some spine wear including a chip in the center, blunted corners all the way around, edge wear to the back. Great blue on this cover. I think it's a 4.5. Only 18 blue labels on the census. I wasn't planning to list this one, and the price is going to reflect that. Convince me to sell it at $550....**NOW$525**

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

One more non-Quality Comics issue, and this one is a rerun from a previous thread of mine.

The Spirit #4, 1953, Fiction House. This book is gorgeous...no qualifiers. Great bondage cover, with spectacular colors and gloss. Flat, tight, complete with a great spine. TINY bit of edge wear (see above "A.N.C.", bottom right corner, and right below The Spirit's hind end), spectacular pages. 13 on the census with three at 8.0 to top it. Feels like this has a shot to be in that range, and I think it could possibly be top of census. 

$785

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

On 9/14/2021 at 4:55 PM, elibowman said:

Police Comics #121, 1952. BLACK PANTHER COVER! Couldn't resist...:boo:. Another Reed Crandall cover, and another one with nice color and gloss. Wear around the edges, but the body of the cover is really nice. Arrival date in pencil on the left edge, small stain on the back. Complete and well attached. I think it's a 6.0. Again...zero copies on the census.

$70

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

:takeit:

On 9/14/2021 at 2:55 PM, elibowman said:

$70  **SOLD to @MrBedrock**

Hide contents

image.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

image.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

image.jpg

I think that's the Black Panther's "first appearance."