• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hey, slab crackers! At what price point does your book become too valuable to liberate from its plastic tomb?
1 1

45 posts in this topic

On 9/29/2021 at 8:35 AM, Wall-Crawler said:

Interestingly (or weirdly) Paradise Comics on IG is selling some keys that have been cracked and they are displaying the label. I inquired why the slabs were cracked and apparently the original owner cracked them and kept the label. We are talking like FF #1 and bigger keys.

I live in Oregon and weed is legal here. But, my wife doesn't want to buy any and set a bad example for the kids. So, every Friday night, I take a few books out of mylar, inhale, maybe read a few pages then drink some beer. I'll think I'll do so with my FF#1 this Friday. Except I'll switch it up and drink the 18 year scotch instead of beer.

On 9/29/2021 at 1:13 PM, lizards2 said:

You guys are over thinking this.

Some of us like comics.

Some of you like covers in plastic.

And, some of us are pretty darn good at restoration detection.

I'm not sure if slabs are even safe for long term storage, but I am willing to read whatever analysis is out there.

I really hate that the hobby has become all about the Benjamins. :p

Slabs are for the weak. 

On 9/29/2021 at 2:36 PM, october said:

Slabs are for the weak. 

True dat. :sumo:

Hey man - you got any sweet, sweet HG DCs for me? :baiting: