• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone ever buy comics from Schur Success Auctions? Ridiculous shipping prices.

25 posts in this topic

On 10/1/2021 at 2:32 PM, Crops068 said:

Did you happen to check out their Terms and Conditions page? https://www.schursuccessgroup.com/auctions/terms-and-conditions

I find this pretty interested - "Though we will do our best to maintain security of the items, there will be no refunds for stolen or missing items once the Auctioneer announces, “sold”."

And this - " Property not removed within the announced time period will revert to the Seller for resale or disposal, without refund or recourse to the bidder. Property not removed shall be considered abandoned and no refunds shall be issued. The Seller, at his or her discretion, may choose to have unclaimed items removed or disposed of at the expense of the Bidder who failed to collect the items. By participating in this auction, you agree to pay the removal costs of any unclaimed items that you won in the auction."

Both of those are pretty standard auction house terms. Once you buy an item, it is no longer the auction houses responsibility. While I don't agree with it, that's just the way it is.  You can make a lot of money with auctions, but you need to do your due diligence and know the risks. Few auctions will act as an unpaid storage center for your stuff. They want it gone asap so they can sell new stuff.

On 9/29/2021 at 4:57 PM, zzutak said:
On 9/29/2021 at 3:59 PM, PovertyRow said:

Makes me glad to live in CA.

:whatthe:  :whatthe:  :whatthe:  :whatthe:  :whatthe:

This was also the most surprising thing about this thread for me.

On 10/9/2021 at 5:38 PM, bb8 said:
On 9/29/2021 at 2:57 PM, zzutak said:
On 9/29/2021 at 1:59 PM, PovertyRow said:

Makes me glad to live in CA.

:whatthe:  :whatthe:  :whatthe:  :whatthe:  :whatthe:

This was also the most surprising thing about this thread for me.

Well under the Terms tab on their site shown in the first post it states:

Shipping and Handling:

• Shipping is handled by our third party shipping partner.
  • No shipping to California