• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold and Closed .Silver Surfer double cover anyone?

7 posts in this topic

Usual board rules apply, :takeit:  posted in the thread trumps all, even agreed PM deals, so post :takeit:  to avoid any arguments or disappointment.  Please feel free to ask any questions and for more pictures if needed. Paypal only please, books shipped via UK postal service, unless otherwise requested.  Returns accepted if unhappy for any reason.

Here's something you don't see everyday, a UK double cover, first one I have had, it is The Super heroes weekly #2 from 1975 in pretty decent shape too, I will throw in a copy of #1 as a reader (no poster), reprints the origin of the Surfer and the original X-men, feel free to ask any questions. 

Asking $100 shipped.  SOLD!

DSC02436.JPG

DSC02437.JPG

DSC02438.JPG

DSC02435.JPG

Edited by batmiesta

On 10/1/2021 at 11:16 AM, batmiesta said:

Usual board rules apply, :takeit:  posted in the thread trumps all, even agreed PM deals, so post :takeit:  to avoid any arguments or disappointment.  Please feel free to ask any questions and for more pictures if needed. Paypal only please, books shipped via UK postal service, unless otherwise requested.  Returns accepted if unhappy for any reason.

Here's something you don't see everyday, a UK double cover, first one I have had, it is The Super heroes weekly #2 from 1975 in pretty decent shape too, I will throw in a copy of #1 as a reader (no poster), reprints the origin of the Surfer and the original X-men, feel free to ask any questions. 

Asking $100 shipped. 

DSC02436.JPG

DSC02437.JPG

DSC02438.JPG

DSC02435.JPG

:takeit:in any case

On 10/1/2021 at 10:09 AM, Bluemedgroup said:

Curious question though.  Why are double covers way more common than double pages?  I mean I've never seen a double centerfold or double page 13-16 etc.  

I believe it is the printing process.

The interior pages are printed on a big sheet, then folded and cut. Then the covers are attached

On 10/1/2021 at 10:09 AM, Bluemedgroup said:

Curious question though.  Why are double covers way more common than double pages?  I mean I've never seen a double centerfold or double page 13-16 etc.  

Covers are printed seperately and attached later. I've seen plenty of books with extra pages, and even a few with some pages printed upside down or backwards. The books with extra pages ma be easier for quality control to pick out.

On 10/1/2021 at 12:09 PM, Bluemedgroup said:

My understanding is the slick cover stock makes it more likely for the machine to grab more than 1 at a time (i.e. the glossy cover stock is just a tiny bit sticky).  Some of the other errors like inverted pages or extra pages are considerably less common in my experience.

Also, hello to OKC!  Love that city!  I have friends down there and every time we visit, we love to go out to one of the many great restaurants like The Metro and The Jones Assembly.  Some incredible culinary talent in that city!  Even if it's just Ted's Escondido.  :cloud9: