• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Measuring scarcity
1 1

83 posts in this topic

On 10/23/2021 at 8:26 PM, paqart said:

If scarcity was all that mattered, publishers would be making comics with a print run of 10 or less. 

Well, admittedly, Counterpoint has done just that, but I, shall we say, don't take them very seriously as a publisher, nor their "books" as collectibles.

When Werewolf by Night 32 was published, the print run was based on the sales of Werewolf by Night, not the future popularity of Moon Knight.

That's an interesting example. I doubt the actual popularity of Moon Knight even equals the sales of that nowhere-near-best-selling title.

For instance, I recently picked up a 9.4 CGC graded copy of the newsstand/Canadian edition of Swamp thing 25. I like the cover, the story, the character, and that it is a first appearance.

It is absolutely not a first appearance (at least not of any character that matters).

On 10/24/2021 at 6:55 AM, paqart said:

The most recent comic that I enjoyed was John Byrne's Next Men. I also liked his Danger Unlimited, from the same time period. I like his stories quite a bit, unlike Kirby, who is like Lennon without McCartney when he does his own stories.

True!

Another interesting read that I'd like to see resurrected was Epic Illustrated. The beginnings of Dreadstar, some Silver Surfer stories and interesting one-off tales (check out "Worker In The City" by Archie Goodwin in #3).