• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Warner Animation Group's METAL MEN directed by Ron Clements, John Musker (TBD)
1 1

5 posts in this topic

Here’s a blast from the past: It’s been nearly a decade since it was first announced that Barry Sonnenfeld would be directing a big-screen adaptation of DC’s Metal Men. We haven’t heard all that much about the Metal Men movie since then, so it made sense to think that the project had been shelved. While speaking with ComicBookMovie.com, Barry Sonnenfeld revealed that the Metal Men movie is actually back in active development.

"You know, it’s funny because I am developing Metal Men with Warner Bros. We’re actively working on a treatment for that. For me, it’s not so much a superhero thing as it is world-building. If you look at the work I’ve done, whether it’s The Addams Family, Men in Black, Pushing Daisies, Schmigadoon!, or A Series of Unfortunate Events, it’s all about creating a world. An unusual, slightly off-kilter quirky, different kind of world; that’s what I love doing."

Edited by Bosco685

More details about the animated production in place of a live release.

Animation legends Ron Clements and John Musker, the acclaimed team that spent decades at Disney making movies such as The Little Mermaid, Aladdin and The Princess and the Frog, are heading to DC.

The duo have teamed up with Celeste Ballard, a writer who worked on Space Jam: A New Legacy, to tackle animated feature The Metal Men. Warner Animation Group is the home of the project, which is based on the longtime DC property.

Clements and Musker are producing and have written the treatment for the film, which they are eyeing to direct.

Craig Peck is executive producing. Allison Abbate, the former producer (The Iron Giant, The Corpse Bride) and now head of WAG, is shepherding the project for the studio.