• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hi all :)
1 1

22 posts in this topic

On 10/16/2021 at 4:21 PM, Dr. Dank said:

What, being realistic?

Have the PGM forum and the restoration forum to learn from.

Learn what grade scale CGC uses and go from there. Only way to see what CGC grades is to send it in and find out. 

My experiences haven't made me a pessimist, rather I've learned a lot about the grading process from it.

Flippers however....

:banana:flipper:banana:

tumblr_inline_mksbqbstpB1qz4rgp.gif

On 10/16/2021 at 10:00 AM, Joe Peck said:

overnight I've gone from "hey maybe it's time to start selling my comics I've kept for 40 years" to suddenly "hey, when I was a kid I REALLY liked comics, and who woulda thunk it . . .  I still do . .

Consider, before you sell; before you even think of letting any of these pieces go, what they're meaning is to you. Are they not only a part of comic history, but do they also represent your history, your memories, your impressions and recollections? 

Each one is your time machine. Hold one, picked at random. Stare intently at the cover, maybe open the cover and start reading the splash page. Look familiar? Remember when you first saw that book? Where it was? Where you got it or bought it? Who was with you? Were you alone? Did you buy it with allowance money, or maybe your dad or mom took you shopping that day and it was on a rack and they bought it for you? Go further. Do you remember anything else about that day? Time spent with a loved one or maybe a pet that's been long gone for awhile? 

Each one of these is like a field of dreams. Not only stories and pictures but your memories. Give them a chance and what you liked then, the deeper the layers you peel back to the day you acquired them, you will love now. They're all time machines. Each and every one of them. Give them a chance to work their magic before letting any of them go. Comics choose us. We love them and usually we don't realize the depth, extent, or root cause for of our love of them. They're the history of the hobby and just as much, the personal history of each one of us.

Edited by James J Johnson