• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Defenders 1
3 3

12 posts in this topic

Probably my favorite book in my collection.  Curious about the creases on the back as they look to be production related.  Is that possible and if so would it make a difference in grading?  Still learning :)

Defenders.1.jpg

Defenders.1.crease.jpg

Defenders.1.back.jpg

Edited by Joe Peck

On 10/20/2021 at 12:42 AM, grendelbo said:

Looks like production creases to me.

C&P for 7.0.

Thanks for posting.

I will most definitely report back after the C&P. I'm planning on sending in 20 total for C&P and Grading.   I'm very interested to see the results.

On 10/20/2021 at 10:17 PM, Zegeroth said:

5.5, won’t press out, not production.

Looks very similar to another crease in my collection and I asked CGC directly and got this reply.

Good morning,

I had our graders take a look and they advised that this most likely would be considered a printer's crease which is a common manufacturing defect on books from that time period.  It can have little to no effect on the final grade, depending on the size, number of creases and severity as well as the condition of the rest of the book.  It can also still receive a blue Universal label as long as there are no other defects that require a qualified label. 

If you have any other questions, please let us know.  Thank you!

Also I mailed the Defenders 1 in yesterday with 20 other C&P candidates so we should have a definitive answer in a couple months (thumbsu

MarvelTeamUp.62.wrinkle2.jpg

MarvelTeamUp.62.wrinkle.jpg

Edited by Joe Peck

Since these were already sent in and you're getting a C/P, I'm locking in at 7.0 after the C/P.  Yes, I know that's the highest anyone said and yes, I'm probably wrong....but if I'm right I'll get bragging rights!  (and/or if I'm wrong, I'll conveniently "forget" to reply to this thread).

Also, @Joe Peck,when you said we'll find out in a "couple of months", you meant "around next Thanksgiving" right?  :bigsmile:

On 10/24/2021 at 8:44 AM, candygramformongo said:

Since these were already sent in and you're getting a C/P, I'm locking in at 7.0 after the C/P.  Yes, I know that's the highest anyone said and yes, I'm probably wrong....but if I'm right I'll get bragging rights!  (and/or if I'm wrong, I'll conveniently "forget" to reply to this thread).

Also, @Joe Peck,when you said we'll find out in a "couple of months", you meant "around next Thanksgiving" right?  :bigsmile:

Love it!  Thanks for the positive vibes!  

Yeah, when I said by Christmas I was looking at times given for grading only.  Now I see C&P adds a ton of time. I’ll keep my fingers crossed that times are improving. For what it’s worth I did spring for Fast Track since I’m not planning on selling but did this just to keep and better preserve books in my own collection so I wasn’t terribly price sensitive.