• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Universal's THE MUNSTERS movie directed by Rob Zombie (9/27/22)

81 posts in this topic

Seven months ago, the website Murphy’s Multiverse shared the news that Rob Zombie would be writing and directing a film based on the classic sitcom The Munsters, with Jeff Daniel Phillips and Sheri Moon Zombie signed on to play Herman and Lily Munster, and their co-stars to include Daniel Roebuck, Jorge Garcia, Richard Brake, and Cassandra “Elvira” Peterson. While Zombie would later confirm that he was making The Munsters and it would be filming in Budapest, Hungary like Murphy’s Multiverse said, the cast was never confirmed… Until this morning. Zombie has confirmed that Jeff Daniel Phillips and Sheri Moon Zombie are playing Herman and Lily, with Daniel Roebuck taking on the role of The Count / Grandpa, and he confirmed the cast in the best way possible. He shared a picture of them in character!

Below you can see Zombie’s version of Herman, Lily, and Grandpa, sitting in front of their home at 1313 Mockingbird Lane. (This replica of the Munsters Mansion was recently built on a plot of land in Budapest, specifically for Zombie’s movie).

Zombie has previously shown the blueprint for an exact replica of the Munsters’ house, given us a look at costume designs for Herman and Lily Munster’s sleepwear, confirmed that horror host character Zombo will be in the movie, posted a picture of the wig the actor who plays Grandpa will be wearing, given an early look at the crafting of Herman’s head, shown off some of the wardrobe, shared pictures of some creature effects, showed the houses being built on Mockingbird Lane, updated on the construction of the Munsters Mansion, teased that Herman will be wearing the leather jacket he wears when racing in the Dragula roadster, and more.

rob-zombie-the-munsters-cast-1024x683.thumb.jpg.1bc87a16ca1f92908f0afd55eb6e37ea.jpg

themunsters01.JPG.c5baaa21c58b34fb3b9a0ca8f168c5f4.JPG

Edited by Bosco685

Cameras are officially rolling on Rob Zombie’s The Munsters, and we know this for sure because the musician/filmmaker shared an image from the set that shows his director’s chair sitting in front of the monitors during production. Is that the interior of the Munster mansion at 1313 Mockingbird Lane in the background and on the monitors? We can’t be sure, because Zombie didn’t specify.

This is the latest in a long line of behind-the-scenes Munsters images that have been shared by Zombie. 

TheMunsters.thumb.PNG.3c575a18d30b29557ba31a4efa05ea34.PNG

After revealing that his upcoming revival of The Munsters will carry a PG rating, House of 1,000 Corpses director Rob Zombie took to social media to reassure fans that the movie will not carry the signature look and tone that has shaped his cinematic outings before now. Promising that the movie will not be "dirty, violent, and nasty," Zombie suggested that the film will maintain the tone from previous versions of The Munsters, a horror-comedy that started as a sitcom in 1964. It had an initial run of 70 episodes over two seasons, and was followed by numerous TV movies, as well as a few attempts to reboot it.

Munsters.JPG.be17c0ad6b223e8e01d23ac053e12489.JPG

Mockingbird Lane is abuzz today with an exciting new casting report. According to a Mirror Studios Inc Instagram post, Pat Priest will be making an appearance in Rob Zombie’s forthcoming reboot of The Munsters. Pat Priest is famous for playing Marilyn Munster during its initial run, starting back in 1964.

While Priest was not the initial star to portray the role of Marilyn Munster, she went on play the role for the majority of the show’s initial run. The first person to play the role of Marilyn was Beverly Owen who left The Munsters after 13 episodes.

In an interview with Dread Central, Patrick says that the new film will be long, at 158 minutes or 2 hours and 38 minutes to be exact. Though this hasn't been confirmed by the producers, the actor claims to have seen footage for the film and has faith that the lengthy running time will be used efficiently. Patrick also remained evasive on whether or not he has a cameo appearance in the movie. Read his quote below:

"This movie is going to kill in a really good way. It’s a very long movie, it’s like 2 hours and 38 minutes… but I’ve seen footage and I’ve seen where he’s going with it and it’s going to be great, it really is."

Yeah, this looks like a very easy pass for me.  I was too young to watch the show when it originally aired, where I grew up we couldn't get cable so never caught it in syndication either.  I think I have seen maybe two or three episodes in my entire life.  Who is this being made for?  

On 6/21/2022 at 6:13 AM, media_junkie said:

Yeah, this looks like a very easy pass for me.  I was too young to watch the show when it originally aired, where I grew up we couldn't get cable so never caught it in syndication either.  I think I have seen maybe two or three episodes in my entire life.  Who is this being made for?  

Its being made for Rob Zombie

He did grow up with it

On 6/21/2022 at 8:13 AM, media_junkie said:

I'm thinking it is all about TV nostalgia.

With the Fantasy Island, Banana Splits and now Winnie the Pooh horror films it is about a dark twist on old properties. I wonder if this will be yet another legacy property following this path.

At least with Fantasy Island that ended up being good.

For those who never saw the series when it first aired, it may work.  For me, the original characters were just so unique - costumes; makeup; personalities; right down to their mannerisms - that any attempt to re-boot them just won't work.

Edited by pemart1966

I want to know when reality will catch up with Hollywood and they finally understand you can't stop kids from watching R rated movies.

I bought a ticket and watched Alien3 in theaters by myself when I was 15

On 6/21/2022 at 7:13 AM, media_junkie said:

My 11 year old granddaughter loves it! And I love that she loves it :nyah: She also loves Green Acres and Mr. Ed!