• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Universal's THE MUNSTERS movie directed by Rob Zombie (9/27/22)

81 posts in this topic

The only two good points from the trailer: the old 1930's logo, and seeing the Jack Pierce/Karloff makeup again. Otherwise... :fear:

This looks like it has so-bad-its-good schlock potential. Obviously they knew it looked terrible and shot it specifically like this, but I'm thinking there is something lost with the trailer (maybe raunchy adult jokes and innuendos they are holding back on).

This will either be a complete, total scorched earth failure OR become some weird cult-hit with legs.

On his social media accounts, Zombie shared images from the set throughout the making of The Munsters – but today he also took to social media to try to clear up some rumors and respond to negativity he has seen online:

"How the hell did everyone get the idea that The Munsters cost 40 millions dollars? , I wish I had that kind of budget. To put a little perspective on it all, if you add the budgets of Halloween 2, The Lords of Salem, 31, 3 From Hell and The Munsters all together it wouldn’t even add up to 30 million."

"Also the movie was never going to theaters or Peacock or Paramount. It was always being made for Netflix which is fine since it is the largest of the streaming services. This was done way before I ever got involved in the project. I have no control or say over this type of stuff. This is a Universal deal."

"But the internet loves to invent rumors which somehow turns to facts so the fans can get all bent out of shape. None of this actually matters but thought you might like the real story."

On 7/21/2022 at 4:13 PM, rexinnih said:

Well the price is right on Netflix so will watch. 

And that's probably the crux of it.