• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Valiant Comics 2022 campaign to build out including potential live productions & games

9 posts in this topic

2022 is officially The Year of the Valiant as the comic book publisher will have a number of new launches, new creative teams, and a renewed focus on a shared universe in the pages of their comics.

The new initiative will see the return of several popular Valiant Entertainment characters, including Punk Mambo in the pages of Shadowman, Faith in The Harbinger, and a yet-to-be-revealed character which will have fans excited. In addition, Valiant also revealed a new "Deadside War" story coming to the pages of Cullen Bunn and Pedro Andreo's Shadowman series.

Publisher Fred Pierce said the Valiant Universe is taking a step forward in 2022 with the characters appearing in their comics, video games, prose novels, and potentially even live-action projects.

"So much is happening in Valiant's 2022 to bring our Universe forward with the return of characters that fans continue to anticipate and love. There will be sci-fi, horror, comedy, and so much action that it will be hard to sit down as they're being read. In addition to publishing, be on the look out for games based on our characters, like Shadowman, graphic novels, prose novels, and perhaps items of a more cinematic nature from our great parent company DMG Entertainment.  The Valiant family is happy for everyone to join the excitement."

year-of-valiant.jpg.aa43bd6d55b6477de9b6c6c93cc35bf2.jpg

:wishluck:

Valiant fans have learned not to hold our breath. lol

Although Valiant is 30 years old (having started in 1991), there were 10 years without any Valiant/Acclaim publications, so it's more like Valiant is 20 years old as a publisher.

That would mean Valiant's attempts at live-action projects would be on the same trajectory as Marvel in 1981, if Valiant could put together one successful (but low budget) show (Incredible Hulk 1977-1982) and three other failed attempts (Spider-Man, Dr. Strange, and Captain America - late-1970s, early 1980s).  That's a pretty low bar to match Marvel at this stage, but people are probably expecting Valiant to compete with Marvel 2021, not Marvel 1981.

https://www.denofgeek.com/tv/old-marvel-live-action-tv-shows/

The Bloodshot movie was basically around the level of Blade (if Covid had hit right as Blade was released).  Blade arrived in Marvel's 37th year, so Valiant got way ahead of itself with Bloodshot coming in Valiant's year 19.

For 2022, Valiant isn't going to compete with Marvel shows/movies in the 61st year of Marvel when it's the 21st year of Valiant. :kidaround:

Edited by valiantman

On 11/6/2021 at 8:08 PM, musicmeta said:

I might

I definitely am, I just don't know what tier I want to go with.  If they were offering original art from the book itself I would be down to support it for a few hundred but not for a sketch of a character that the artist chooses.  Gilad or bust. 

I might throw enough to get a gold copy. 

I'm a big EW fan but I don't see myself kicking in to get some product made. Maybe I just don't understand, but isn't Kickstarter for the guys in the basement to get their creation out to a wider world, not for an established company to give you some product?

(shrug)