• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Change in CGC Minimum Submission Requirements

20 posts in this topic

I guess a slowdown is occuring and they need to change some business tactics.

Yep, and I think the biggest thing they could do at this point is to slash the modern tier rate back below $15 a pop, preferably back to $12. With the recessed prices post-1975 books are bringing, you need at least a 9.6 on 95%+ of the books (basically everything except keys) to make it worthwhile to submit them in the 1st place...

Exactly. Spending 20 dollars to CGC a bronze/modern book that you can buy raw for 2-5 dollars just doesn't make sense. As CI stated a while back, they need to create a "Common Grade" tier. Where books worth 5 dollars and below are graded for a cheaper price in order to bring in more of these low value books.

Brian

I also think it would be in the best interest to offer some form of a customer appreciation day or the such. I've mentioned it many a time to no avail. If they had a day of half priced submissions or something, I bet there'd be a deluge of submissions that day. Including new customers.

Brian

Seriously.....why does it matter anyway? Why only send one or 2 books on either of these tiers? Does anyone even WANT to do that?