• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sony's SPIDER-WOMEN animated movie rumor (TBD)
1 1

1 post in this topic

We had a thread at one point about this rumored film. But it disappeared into the CGC search netherverse...

Spider-Verse All-Female Spinoff Will Include Spider-Woman & Silk

Embed-SpiderMan-Future.thumb.png.e51e2e327142fd845ca73b1f15c02213.png

Spider-Woman and Silk are joining Gwen Stacy (Hailee Steinfeld) for the Spider-Women movie, the all-female Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse spinoff. Sony has their hands full with Spider-Man related projects with three different universes currently ongoing. Their latest is in the world of animation and they already have big plans for the Spider-Verse franchise to continue growing.

Vanity Fair spoke to several people involved with Spider-Verse to discuss the new film and future plans. Producer Amy Pascal was one of the individuals they talked to and she confirmed Jessica Drew aka. Spider-Woman and Cindy Moon aka. Silk will be part of the all-female team-up movie. It is not known at this time if the -script to be written by Bek Smith will include additional heroes.

Sony Finally Untangles Its Spider Web

Spider-Gwen’s transformation from love interest to friend and hero first may have had something to do with another Gwen Stacy advocate, producer Christina Steinberg, joining the Spider team. “I will say that Christina kept us honest,” Lord admits. “As five boys making a movie, it was really good to have another filmmaker there going, ‘I don't think you guys want to do it like this.’”

The Gwen and Miles adventure will serve as a launching pad for another Gwen-centric tale: Pascal also confirmed that a previously announced Spider-Women spin-off, written by Bek Smith, will feature Spider-Gwen and Cindy Moon (a.k.a. Silk) as well as Jessica Drew (a.k.a. Spider-Woman). Elsewhere at Sony, a live-action Silk film is reportedly already in early development.

These two new film concepts are taken directly from recent runs of the Marvel comics, part of a wider mandate at Columbia Pictures to stay true to the source material. As Pascal said, “I think it’s great that we’re going to be able to tell movies about female superheroes in this realm, and in the live-action realm as well, because I believe that there are going to be characters that really resonate for people. They’re funny and quirky and different, and heroic in all kinds of different ways that only animation allows you to do.”