• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Amazing Spider-man 129
4 4

9 posts in this topic

Hi guys. I'm potentially going to make a trade for this book and was curious to see what grade you'd give it. 

Signed by Stan Lee, Jon Bernthal, and Gerry Conway. I'll probably end up submitting to CBCS rather than CGC because of that.

Here's some details given to me by it's current owner. 

"It has full cover (front and back ) with no spine tears.  Cover and first wrap are detached from top staple and has small amateur tape repair at top staple.  All other wraps fully attached with original staples."

"8 Wraps, 16 Leafs, 32 Pages.  This book had an add page about Marvel Value Stamps (MVS) with Hulk example that are cut out in a lot of copies.  MVS is intact.  No missing pieces or cutouts."

Do any of you believe this one would benefit from a clean and press?

Spoiler

He says someone previously gave it a grade of 4.0 to 4.5

received_1410586696061326.jpeg

received_1380133142438510.jpeg

received_447403650059232.jpeg

received_1034210914059408.jpeg

Edited by EliW0894
Added details

While the top 2 signatures look like Stan Lee and maybe artist, not sure about that bottom signature. Anyway they are not verified in anyway, And bottom one may actually detract from grade. Detached with tape dtracts too. ALso, while may not be spine tears there is wear around that top staple, other spine wear/tics and abrasions on cover. Sorry .. I'd say 4.5maybe 5.0.

I can't see this book grading higher than 3.0 with the tape and other problems.  Tape is usually only allowed in 3.5 or higher if the book is otherwise fairly high grade (like 7.5 or higher) and this one isn't.  Tape is a killer.  It'll take a 9.0 to a 6.0 even if there is only a small piece of tape, and this piece looks like it's fairly large (almost 2 inches long).  I would not overpay for this book.