• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Non superhero/hero books GA books, funny, crime, patriotic, etc

41 posts in this topic

I talk about Planets whenever I get the chance (and I know people have posted some Planet covers) and I think there have been a few love-ins about the EC Science Fiction stuff.

We've also definitely ooohed and aaaahed over the Planet #1 cover original art.

My favorite Planet covers are 2 and 5 and 47-55 33 is good and 39 is a classic too. I just took a look at some real nice 19,20,22,25 issues 5.5-7.0 but those covers I did not like as much. I like the Crime Does Not Pay stuff myself as well as the EC Crime Patrol and War against Crime. War Comics are always a laugh to read especially issue of Battle during the Korean war with all the communist conspiracy theory stories.

I had once had the cash out for the Church copy of this I think it was $500 but I couldn't bring myself to do it it was a few weeks earnings for my 16 year old self and I coudn't do another of my five or six big Church collection reegrets of the early 80's. how many homes could I have bought with the stuff I passed on from the Church collection alone I shudder to think.

I am known to read dog books - I prefer Rinty to Lassie, you know rugged-type dog versus pampered-type dog, well the RinTinTin adventures are more outdoorsy and more interesting. Rex is generally out of my (willing) price range so I can pass no judgment on him. Here's Rin Tin Tin # 16 -

965015-Rintintin16s.jpg

965015-Rintintin16s.jpg.f56166da616e22a23f5a562df5826df7.jpg