• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM What If? #17 (1st series)
2 2

10 posts in this topic

Now THIS one was estimated to be a potential 9.4...I disagree.  Even after a C&P, the chances of this comic getting a 9.4 are about as good as my hair growing back.  I got it for less than $10 and I want it in my Spider-Woman collection.

I always hated the comics that were stapled in this fashion (see pics), especially when one goes through the cover (bottom staple, back cover).  Getting this one pressed, if I were to do so, might not fix the staple indentations on the front cover. @joeypost, what is your professional opinion on this? (worship)

On the front cover's top right corner you'll see ink loss, but I'm wondering if that's a production defect because of a miswrap and/or miscut.

The bottom spine corner shows an indentation on the back cover, not a tear.  It's kind of concave.  Thoughts please!!! :foryou:

20211102_123056.jpg

20211102_123116.jpg

20211102_123132.jpg

20211102_123146.jpg

20211102_123215.jpg

20211102_123221.jpg

20211102_123238.jpg

20211102_123246.jpg

Edited by Galen130

On 11/2/2021 at 1:20 PM, candygramformongo said:

Sorry if I missed it in the description but I read it twice and it may just not be computing.  What's the mark next to the banana?

That's part of the bottom staple poking through the cover...the reason why I hate comics stapled from the inside.  Drives me nuts!!! :ohnoez:

If that's a 9.4 then I'll do the @Galen130 special and say, "I quit!"  (:

I'm at an 8.5.  I want to get to a 9.0 but I can't do it unless you tell me that staple is a production error and I shouldn't be deducting anything for it.  Even then I'm struggling with that bottom corner and a few other spots.  I think post C/P a 9.0 is perfectly reasonable but nothing more. 

Should you tell us who was trying to sell that as a 9.4 so we know never to buy from them?!  :)

On 11/2/2021 at 1:36 PM, candygramformongo said:

If that's a 9.4 then I'll do the @Galen130 special and say, "I quit!"  (:

I'm at an 8.5.  I want to get to a 9.0 but I can't do it unless you tell me that staple is a production error and I shouldn't be deducting anything for it.  Even then I'm struggling with that bottom corner and a few other spots.  I think post C/P a 9.0 is perfectly reasonable but nothing more. 

Should you tell us who was trying to sell that as a 9.4 so we know never to buy from them?!  :)

Nope.  They are from a fellow boardie and no boardie is perfect. :roflmao:

Besides, we negotiated the price down based on the not-really-a-9.4 premise. 🤣

Edited by Galen130

I'm curious about the staple poke through. I have a Conan #10 with the same issue.

Aside form that, the top right color loss seems like a production issue. I'm on the fence of a 8.5/9.0 :82964208_goodvsevilemoji:

(lol new emojis)