• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How 'bout a history lesson for the new guys.
6 6

252 posts in this topic

I’m getting bored of this.  

I continue cleaning out storage spaces.  This order went out moments ago for $360. I think I’m setting up another Transformers sale tonight on Facebook.  It’s getting to the point that every box that goes out is another box closer to freeeeeeeeedooooommmm. 

681BF62F-3FA7-4781-B761-AFA63CC0C443.jpeg

On 11/5/2021 at 2:28 PM, Shawn Everidge said:

Who cares if you need a machine or chemicals to do it? You can stack a heavy weight on a book and remove some bends. This argument is getting ridiculous. You and I will never agree, and frankly, I really don't care what your opinion is anymore.

The book is not at 130 degrees.

On 11/5/2021 at 2:28 PM, Shawn Everidge said:

Read my second sentence. I couldn't care less about a physics lesson about dust.

Youre not gonna make many friends around here with that attitude. 

On 11/5/2021 at 2:32 PM, Shawn Everidge said:

I'll do what I please.

So you tell others what to do but say I'll do what I pls.  I see some....hypocrisy??

On 11/5/2021 at 3:35 AM, Buzzetta said:

I’ve got no problem with pressing. It’s not restoration to me. 

But there are a few things that are omitted here.  CGC can absolutely determine THEIR own pressing because of the chain of custody in relation to in-house pressing. 

The issue is that they cannot determine the EXTENT of someone else’s pressing.  Therefore if they only labeled their own books it would merely lead to people submitting books to be pressed outside of CGC so there really is no need for them to shoot themselves in the foot. 

Agree with the fact that they couldn't determine the extent of outside pressing. But the very point about shooting 'themselves in the foot,' is clearly evidence that pressing is not viewed in a positive sense. If it was a positive, people would fall all over themselves for the pressed label as it would add a unique premium to the value (heck, they could corner the market). At CGC, we guarantee items branded with the coveted pressing label to be professionally done by our experts! something no one else can offer! Case in point, Signature Series.

Edited by bronze_rules

On 11/5/2021 at 2:34 PM, Shawn Everidge said:

Do what you like. I'm done arguing about it.

thats what they all say.

On 11/5/2021 at 5:26 PM, Shawn Everidge said:

Well, not really, since dust would be sticking to the comic. I'm just saying some people are using restoration in an overly broad sense when it comes to comics and their value.

Honestly… maybe I am being salty since I’ve been up since before 4am.  You are wasting your time right now.  Shawn meet Stu… Stu’s latest account will be banned and he will just come back and haunt you… so just say, “You’re right. I’ve reconsidered and now agree with you.” and he will find a new toy.

With that gentlemen… have a good night.  I’m exhausted and have work to do. 

On 11/5/2021 at 2:35 PM, kav said:
On 11/5/2021 at 2:34 PM, Shawn Everidge said:

Do what you like. I'm done arguing about it.

thats what they all say.

On 11/5/2021 at 2:36 PM, Shawn Everidge said:

Put you on ignore you say? Done!

Told ya thats what they all say.

On 11/5/2021 at 2:47 PM, shadroch said:

Isn't the idea of being here to learn? I'm 48 years in the hobby and still learn things here. 

He doesnt need a lecture on stuff.