• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Do comics start ever start going up for no apparent reason?
3 3

62 posts in this topic

This may or may not have a reason for the increased interest, but it made me wonder if comics ever start increasing in value for no apparent reason.  I got Secret Wars 3 and 7 as a bonus with another large order so that's the only reason I even looked at these, but really I know nothing about them.

secret.jpg

On 11/6/2021 at 6:22 PM, oakman29 said:

I think I'm gonna go up and drive my convertible roadster for no apparent reason just to put a smile on my face.☺️

omg what if the top goes up for no reason tho-

On 11/6/2021 at 9:22 PM, oakman29 said:

I think I'm gonna go up and drive my convertible roadster for no apparent reason just to put a smile on my face.☺️

Glad to hear you do have some fun in life.  Here's my daughter.  She's brought a lot of joy to my life, but sadly she took her convertible with her to her new job in California, so no more top down driving for me :(

conv.jpg

Edited by Joe Peck

On 11/6/2021 at 6:37 PM, Joe Peck said:

Glad to hear you do have some fun in life.  Here's my daughter.  She's brought a lot of joy to my life, but sadly she took her convertible with her to her new job in California, so no more top down driving for me :(

conv.jpg

she'll have fun fun fun till her daddy takes the T Bird away.

On 11/6/2021 at 9:42 PM, kav said:

she'll have fun fun fun till her daddy takes the T Bird away.

She got hired by Verge Surgical as a BioMedical Engineer working with a team building a surgical robot so I'm pretty sure she can afford her own T-Bird now (thumbsu

Edited by Joe Peck

On 11/6/2021 at 6:44 PM, Joe Peck said:

She got hired by Verge Surgical as a BioMechanical Engineer working with  team building remote surgical robots so I'm pretty sure she can afford her own T-Bird now :)

omg wut if the surgical robots run wild down the street!!!

On 11/6/2021 at 6:37 PM, Joe Peck said:

conv.jpg

Well she looks like she's ready for California. 👍

On 11/6/2021 at 9:37 PM, Joe Peck said:

conv.jpg

Alright here it is.  The most bizarre thing I've seen on this forum.

On 11/6/2021 at 6:56 PM, Poekaymon said:

Alright here it is.  The most bizarre thing I've seen on this forum.

Apparently we are talking about nothing in general,  but it needs to go up for no apparent reason. 

On 11/6/2021 at 6:59 PM, oakman29 said:

Apparently we are talking about nothing in general,  but it needs to go up for no apparent reason. 

she makes the indy 500 look like a roman chariot race now

At the risk of de-derailing this thread by accidentally responding to the original question ... it depends what you consider a "reason".

One of the series I collect pretty aggressively is a low print run indie. In the last two years, I've watched actually-sold prices for 9.8 slabs of #1 go from the $120 range to a recent auction sale well over $300. There's no external reason for this book to double in price. There's no imminent film or Netflix show or the like (it's been optioned forever, in development hell; while I expect an adaptation someday, that's not within the horizon). It's likely that there's simply two or three collectors who have taken interest in the series and so are putting price pressure on the fairly thin supply of high grade copies.

Is that a "reason"? Well, not in the same way that "Marvel announces Paste Pot Pete film" would spike the price of Strange Tales 104, anyway.