• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What Was the First Comic You Sold?
6 6

67 posts in this topic

The first comics I sold were 20-30 Marvel Legends reprints to an eager buyer at a yard sale back in 2008 for about $20-30. Prior to that I traded some FF Bryne and 80s Eternals issues for ASM 315 from my best friend at school. I finally sold off that ASM 315 this year. Those comics came from Toys R Us 5-packs in the mid/late 2000s. They mainly had overprinted undesirable 80s Marvels

Edited by littledoom

I traded a Joker #1 to a guy in high school in 1995 for a Nike windbreaker and $10. Kinda wish I still had the book, although I bet it wasn't really high grade. The jacket and the $10 are both long gone.

On 11/8/2021 at 9:37 PM, kav said:

GL 76 for like $4 bucks 1977.
@oakman29

😂 I sold a Fantastic Four #9 to (I think) Jayman about ten years ago  for 75.00. I can still count on two hands how many times I sold a book.

On 11/8/2021 at 10:14 PM, oakman29 said:

😂 I sold a Fantastic Four #9 to (I think) Jayman about ten years ago  for 75.00. I can still count on two hands how many times I sold a book.

you can count more than me!

Screenshot 2021-11-08 10.20.20 PM.png

I've sold under 10 comics in my life, but probably traded 20-25.   The earliest trade I recall making was DD 257 condition unknown but no less than NM+ 9.6, for a  sealed/unopened  Mego Spock on Card - condition approx NM/M.  This was back around 1991? Current day not sure it was good deal or not?

Edited by MAR1979

When I was a kid I remember selling some Incredible Hulk books (about 103 - 112) to the LCS after they, of course, asked me what I wanted for them.  Since I had paid .12 each, I boldly asked for double and successfully received .25 per.

Later I remember trying to sell a few early DD and Cap SA books that I had doubles of to a friend that came to visit. Total for three books was easily about $4.00-5.50) going by an early, outdated Overstreet I had available.  Since this was serious money, he went to ask his father who looked at the merchandise, then looked at him like he was some kind of nut and told him to forget about it, even though he kept whining about looking them up and confirming that's what they were going for "in the book."

On 11/9/2021 at 8:20 AM, chrisco37 said:

I remember selling a full run of McFarlane ASM's (including 300) way back at a show in 1994 for beer money in college.  $125.

At that same show, I traded a few NM100's for $10/ea.  I used that to pick up some Bronze ASM's.  

Yeah, but that was probably some good keystone ice beer that you drank!