• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pgm Incredible Hulk #181
4 4

9 posts in this topic

On 11/12/2021 at 11:07 AM, comicginger1789 said:

As it lays, I would say 6.5...is that staining or just tanning/sun shadow on back?

If that back is cleanable, I would say you could get to 7.5, maybbeeee even a smidge higher 

I’m not sure what the source of the discoloration is on the back. It sounds like one is cleanable and one isn’t? I appreciate y’all educating me!

The photos make it hard to tell what's really going on with the book.  If you really want the most accurate feedback, especially on a book like this where there is a significant difference in value from say a FN 6.0 to a VF 8.0, it's best to take full cover pics (front and back), zoomed in pics of all four corners (front and back), as well as a slanted photo with light behind the book (front and back), thus allowing us to see the cover in a raking light.  This will ensure that any surface dents or other non-color-breaking wear are apparent in the photo and will result in your getting the most accurate feedback possible when grading from pictures.  

On 11/12/2021 at 12:13 PM, Allison Dixon said:

I’m not sure what the source of the discoloration is on the back. It sounds like one is cleanable and one isn’t? I appreciate y’all educating me!

Dirt from time and contact generally can be cleaned. If it’s tanning or browning to the actual cover, that cannot be removed 

6.0-ish.

On 11/12/2021 at 11:39 AM, FFB said:

It's best to take full cover pics (front and back), zoomed in pics of all four corners (front and back), as well as a slanted photo with light behind the book (front and back), thus allowing us to see the cover in a raking light

Perfect.

Thanks for sharing.

There’s that crick again!!!  :roflmao:Hard to tell with some of the pics.  It’s a process and most of us are willing to help out.  Take a look at some other PGM threads for ideas.  Zooming in on trouble spots will help us too.

Welcome to the boards!!! :tink:

BB818D9D-97F1-467D-8830-EE41E1D1B1E1.jpeg