• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Tales of Suspense 48
3 3

9 posts in this topic

Welcome to the boards. 

Nice gloss on the cover.  There is some spine wear and a blunted top right corner on the front cover. The tear on the top left corner of the cover is likely to hurt the grade.  Back cover looks good but is there a small stain in the middle of the back cover? 

Overall I would grade this a 5.0 (very good / fine).

On 11/28/2021 at 3:47 PM, DWL said:

Welcome to the boards. 

Nice gloss on the cover.  There is some spine wear and a blunted top right corner on the front cover. The tear on the top left corner of the cover is likely to hurt the grade.  Back cover looks good but is there a small stain in the middle of the back cover? 

Overall I would grade this a 5.0 (very good / fine).

Thank you. Great eye for detail. I looked closely at the back cover and am not sure what is causing that darker color, because it isn't visible under bright lighting. There is a small round indentation in that area, so maybe that caused a bit of a shadow that hopefully a press would smooth out. I'll try to take a better picture.

On 11/28/2021 at 8:20 PM, Shadow said:

5.0 is how I would grade it. Range maybe down to 4.5 but that may be harsh in my book. Optimistic at a 5.5

Yeah definitely nicer than a 4.5. Given how CGC has been lately with this era of books (which is more lenient), I could see 5.5 for sure. I think a lot of the edge wear keeps it from an outright 6.0 but crazier things have happened.