• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Zen Intergalactic Ninja #0 signed
3 3

6 posts in this topic

As far as condition goes, you've got a pretty ugly color breaking spine tick, and then what looks like a bit of color loss at the FC UR corner. The sort of splotchy foil job at FC LR is actually pretty common on this issue; I have no idea whether or not CGC would consider that a defect. This certainly isn't the worst copy ever in that regard. I'm going to say something in the 9.2 range, give or take a grade. The certificate means nothing so far as CGC is concerned, so that would come back on a green Qualified label.

As for value, well...

There are quite a few signed copies of this book listed on Ebay right now, some with Maus's signature, others with Steven Stern's. Almost all of these can be had for $25 or less, sometimes for a lot less, including one probably slightly lower grade (some foil lift, wear at FC bottom, something wonky going on near FC UR) book with Maus's sig currently listed for all of 5 bucks. I don't see any evidence that this book is moving rapidly at any price, either. So I'm gonna say $10, but expect to wait for a sale even at that price point. There are definitely some Zen books that can still demand pretty good prices, but those are mostly from the 1987 debut miniseries; I'm afraid there's just not a lot of collector interest in the later material.

That book was given away at some of the biggest shows of the day and has been a hard sell from Day One. I have two copies that I'd happily part with for a few bucks, just to give you an idea what they are worth. It's a beautiful cover that I think looks much better in person, but it just never caught on.

It might be worth more if you sold it raw (if that's your intent).  It will get a purple label and the COA will just be something extra to keep with it.  Myself, I don't think it's worth the money to get graded.  9.0.