• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM AMS 362 Newsstand Variant
3 3

11 posts in this topic

9.0 range. Newsstands from this era are always advertised as rarer (and are) but when you consider prints runs where they were, even at 10% of copies being newsstands, that's still a very large number. Generally people only go ga ga over the big key books in newsstand versions (even when these are not rare at all it seems). You may find someone who is trying to put together a newsstand run who might pay a slight premium to have but generally for a book like this one, price will be around the same as direct edition. 

On 12/14/2021 at 7:43 AM, comicginger1789 said:

9.0 range. Newsstands from this era are always advertised as rarer (and are) but when you consider prints runs where they were, even at 10% of copies being newsstands, that's still a very large number. Generally people only go ga ga over the big key books in newsstand versions (even when these are not rare at all it seems). You may find someone who is trying to put together a newsstand run who might pay a slight premium to have but generally for a book like this one, price will be around the same as direct edition. 

Thanks!  Great insight.

Not trying to be Captain Obvious here, but are those actual tears...including the front cover?  They don't look production related.  It's almost symmetrical with the small chips/tears to the right...

0ED763BE-3A61-40E3-BE62-3EC6198A4A92.jpeg.156e586eac8f5c975b47b759a0ac96e2_LI.jpg

Captain Obvious.gif

On 12/15/2021 at 9:09 AM, Galen130 said:

Not trying to be Captain Obvious here, but are those actual tears...including the front cover?  They don't look production related.  It's almost symmetrical with the small chips/tears to the right...

0ED763BE-3A61-40E3-BE62-3EC6198A4A92.jpeg.156e586eac8f5c975b47b759a0ac96e2_LI.jpg

Captain Obvious.gif

They appear to be manufactured.  It seems way to even to be a tear and it’s not on the cover.  I didn’t know about that or the one groove to the right of it.  

On 12/15/2021 at 9:18 AM, Stuart Aldridge said:

They appear to be manufactured.  It seems way to even to be a tear and it’s not on the cover.  I didn’t know about that or the one groove to the right of it.  

Can't say I've seen something like that before, and only going through a few of the pages.  Production, or not production...that is the question.  I'll go 8.5-ish...I won't be surprised if it's higher.  Thanks!!!