• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I admit, I bought it with the intention of flipping it...
3 3

75 posts in this topic

On 12/14/2021 at 5:49 AM, Motor City Rob said:

May have just been a creative use of words to introduce the topic. That being said, December 9.8 Direct sales are averaging $200 and one just sold yesterday on ebay for $250. Considering you can buy 9.8 potential raws for $25-30, seems like a nice little flip to me. 

Well, all I can say is that the CCG ownership must absolutely love this game because they are the ones making the guaranteed locked in money by the time you get your book pressed and graded.  Especially since you would be the one left on your hands and knees praying that it comes back at least in CGC 9.6 or hope against hope in CGC 9.8 so that you can make seemingly pennies on the dollar once you factor in your original purchase cost of the book along with any ancillary charges like shipping plus your own time and labor.  :(

On 12/14/2021 at 5:49 AM, Motor City Rob said:
On 12/14/2021 at 5:38 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

You bought a Spawn #1 with the intention of "flipping" it?

May have just been a creative use of words to introduce the topic. That being said, December 9.8 Direct sales are averaging $200 and one just sold yesterday on ebay for $250. Considering you can buy 9.8 potential raws for $25-30, seems like a nice little flip to me. 

Are these your typical BIN sales (as opposed to true auction format sales) where you are competing with hundreds of other flippers who are trying to unload their equivalent graded copies at these same GPA price points for months on end.  Makes me wonder what it looks like if GPA also kept track of the number of copies that's actually listed for these BIN price points, but don't actually sell until you can find that one lucky sucker buyer to click onto your book.  :wishluck:  :taptaptap:  :taptaptap:  :taptaptap:

On 12/14/2021 at 8:19 AM, Ablation Steve said:

Since CGC won't do something like this by request, it certainly makes it probably one of a kind (including compared to the other 7 copies that I sent in at the same time!)

Well, hopefully, all of them came back in for you at a money winning CGC 9.8 also, as opposed to a money losing CGC 9.4 or hopefully breakeven CGC 9.6 for all that time and work.  :wishluck:

On 12/14/2021 at 12:02 PM, lou_fine said:

Well, hopefully, all of them came back in for you at a money winning CGC 9.8 also, as opposed to a money losing CGC 9.4 or hopefully breakeven CGC 9.6 for all that time and work.  :wishluck:

I split the difference, four 9.8 and four 9.6. Definitely worth the risk. On the 9.6, even after fees and taxes and shipping I'll still make about $50 per, and actual work time was probably an hour for the whole lot. Worth it to some, not worth it to others. I can certainly understand either way.

On 12/13/2021 at 9:29 PM, Ablation Steve said:

...but CGC beat me to it!

spawn-upside-down-1.thumb.jpg.c49c565ebc75e7b6b8ddaba017a35bfd.jpg

Wow, if you ever put that up for auction, let us know.  Give it some title, only known copy or some other BS and see if the people will jump at it.  Or just put it at a BIN of $10,000 with a best offer and see if someone offers stupid money. :insane:

On 12/14/2021 at 9:54 PM, toro said:

Wow, if you ever put that up for auction, let us know.  Give it some title, only known copy or some other BS and see if the people will jump at it.  Or just put it at a BIN of $10,000 with a best offer and see if someone offers stupid money. :insane:

I like stupid money!

On 12/14/2021 at 9:54 PM, toro said:

image.thumb.png.665da9e729c4cd0e1303c9a97cf05313.png

Per the request of some of you, I have decided to put it up at a crazy price (and draw some attention to my favorite charity at the same time). 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/304348127916?hash=item46dc8fe2ac:g:BQwAAOSwkDZiAHwY

On 2/8/2022 at 11:07 AM, Ablation Steve said:

image.thumb.png.665da9e729c4cd0e1303c9a97cf05313.png

Per the request of some of you, I have decided to put it up at a crazy price (and draw some attention to my favorite charity at the same time). 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/304348127916?hash=item46dc8fe2ac:g:BQwAAOSwkDZiAHwY

CGC should pay your asking price just to get that embarrassment out of circulation :facepalm:

On 12/14/2021 at 11:54 PM, toro said:

I think some of those invisible comics were slabbed upside down also.  They got stupid money raised to the power of brainless.  :baiting:

On 2/8/2022 at 1:31 PM, apollobuzz said:

I think some of those invisible comics were slabbed upside down also.  They got stupid money raised to the power of brainless.  :baiting:

The sad thing is, it would sell for more if I created and NFT of a slabbed upside down Spawn #1.