• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

House of Secrets #92

5 posts in this topic

nothing wrong with asking here, but as for a grade, there is a separate subforum "hey can you spare a grade" where people post pictures and ask for grades.  To properly assess you would need to provide a minimum of front and back covers. Whilst your book is valuable, it doesn't appear to be so high grade that careful handling would lower the grade.  If you are careful, you can take the book out. and take pictures and flip through book to look for damage.

After you've gotten the estimated grade, you can look for condition/grade comparisons on ebay to get a feel for the general price range.  Typically, people use 'sold' listings for price comparisons.  As for the signatures, I would think they would add $30-$100 if people think they are authentic depending on your luck.

Assuming the tape is on the sleeve and not the comic, based on these pictures it looks like your comic might be Fine+, which I think raw (assuming the book is complete and unrestored, and the front cover is representative of the entire comic grade) might get you $700-$1,100 depending on how much your buyer likes the signatures and your selling venue and luck.  If you were to get it slabbed, the price would go up (but so would your costs).  That's my ballpark opinion, you may get vastly different answers from other users.

Good luck.

On 12/16/2021 at 11:30 PM, Wander Twin’s said:

Thank you so much for the information and help my good sir. You have a great weekend and a awesome Christmas. 

Great advice from @revat and nothing to add. 

It's an awesome book and assuming those signatures are authentic it's a super cool book to own. I love that Louise signed this book to! 

Good luck! 

On 12/16/2021 at 6:11 PM, revat said:

nothing wrong with asking here, but as for a grade, there is a separate subforum "hey can you spare a grade" where people post pictures and ask for grades.  To properly assess you would need to provide a minimum of front and back covers. Whilst your book is valuable, it doesn't appear to be so high grade that careful handling would lower the grade.  If you are careful, you can take the book out. and take pictures and flip through book to look for damage.

After you've gotten the estimated grade, you can look for condition/grade comparisons on ebay to get a feel for the general price range.  Typically, people use 'sold' listings for price comparisons.  As for the signatures, I would think they would add $30-$100 if people think they are authentic depending on your luck.

Assuming the tape is on the sleeve and not the comic, based on these pictures it looks like your comic might be Fine+, which I think raw (assuming the book is complete and unrestored, and the front cover is representative of the entire comic grade) might get you $700-$1,100 depending on how much your buyer likes the signatures and your selling venue and luck.  If you were to get it slabbed, the price would go up (but so would your costs).  That's my ballpark opinion, you may get vastly different answers from other users.

Good luck.

This is the answer