• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this a printer defect? It seems like it is just missing color but hard to tell
1 1

4 posts in this topic

This is CGC Universal 3.0, I noticed it has a kind of unique mark. The white spot goes under the ‘R’, which indicates it’s not damage/wear.

Printer defect? Or maybe it is damage/wear from something sitting on the book 

Edit: the more I look at it the more i think it’s just wear on the book, based on the other marks around it

78BBE6CE-9A0E-4B5E-978C-E00AA8E091F1.jpeg

Edited by Venomous72

Maybe a paper fragment landed on it for one of the early print passes and fell off in time for the later one?  But then why is the shading on the right side of the letters missing on the "A" but not the "R"?

Maybe those letters are color touched by someone? The yellow tone on those 2 letters is more uneven than on the adjacent "T".  I'm going to guess color touched.

On 12/16/2021 at 6:29 PM, Turnando said:

Maybe a paper fragment landed on it for one of the early print passes and fell off in time for the later one?  But then why is the shading on the right side of the letters missing on the "A" but not the "R"?

Maybe those letters are color touched by someone? The yellow tone on those 2 letters is more uneven than on the adjacent "T".  I'm going to guess color touched.

That would be a big problem as this is a Blue label 3.0

The Yellow on the letters all look the same to me, it looks almost like friction just rubbed some spots off 

Edited by Venomous72

On 12/16/2021 at 6:29 PM, Turnando said:

Actually I think your first notion was right, this looks like something was on the printer when the blue color was applied. Then the yellow applied over that white spot.