• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM - Darth Vader #5 2020. (First Time Newb)
1 1

4 posts in this topic

Hello everyone. I made a post a few days ago about my 2020 Darth Vader #5. This is the single only comic that I own. I've always been an interested fan but never put in the time to learn and pick up various comics that I enjoy.

I bought this comic to go the wall in what I'll call my game room. I have two prop sabers that I want to hang and have this comic be the center piece. To the left I want to hang vader's saber and to the right I want to hang anakins saber.

I now understand that I can buy a case and hang in the raw form and it look amazing, but I've always been interested in grading aspect of it and thought it may look cool if it was graded. I bought this comic for $18 on ebay, my local comic shop said they could not get it for me. I'd love to send it off (I don't mind the wait times), but I don't want my first grading experience to come back with a broken heart. Although, this is all for fun maybe I'm just thinking about it too much and I shouldn't even worry about it. Anyways I took some picures with my iphone 12 mini. I hope they are acceptable for some decent views this is my first time.. sorry.

Thank you for your time - Phil

EDIT: the 1st pic and the 3rd pic were my biggest concerns.. The bottom of the cover has this odd line and the 3rd pic has this odd spot, just below the R in VadeR

https://imgur.com/gallery/qrzagJv

Edited by 15z06

Thank you for the reply. Honest question tho. I hope you’ve read my description. Where this comic is relatively new. Should I be happy with a guess 9.2 or find another one to send off and look for that special 9.8. Since the comic is somewhat newish and many should be out there. 

im not opposed to finding a case for this one. Hanging it raw and keep looking for a better condition one to send off for a grade. 

thank you

On 12/20/2021 at 5:08 PM, 15z06 said:

Thank you for the reply. Honest question tho. I hope you’ve read my description. Where this comic is relatively new. Should I be happy with a guess 9.2 or find another one to send off and look for that special 9.8. Since the comic is somewhat newish and many should be out there. 

im not opposed to finding a case for this one. Hanging it raw and keep looking for a better condition one to send off for a grade. 

thank you

Better off buying a slabbed 9.8.

It's often a gamble with even the highest grade comicbooks as to whether CGC will grade them 9.6/9.8.