• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

just won the fantastic four #16 from ebay

27 posts in this topic

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...N%3AIT&rd=1

i know i know... the seller has zero feedback... what was i thinking?

well... the seller lives 15 minutes away from me, so I'm going to be picking it up this saturday... its location helped me to overlook the newness of the seller.

this is actually only my second comic purchase this year... hopefully im more than satisfied with this purchase... if anyone cares, ill let you know how things turns out.

well... the seller lives 15 minutes away from me, so I'm going to be picking it up this saturday... its location helped me to overlook the newness of the seller.

You didn't mention that in your PM to me. poke2.gif

I'll back off on my 80% fear factor. 27_laughing.gif

But I still think that scan looks funny.

Count the pages before handing over the cash. gossip.gif

cropped scan...photo brightness and contrast mucked with...zero feedback seller...

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

good luck!

Well he is picking it up...so if it turns out to be a piece o' cr@p, he can give the seller a bump on the noggin!

cropped scan...photo brightness and contrast mucked with...zero feedback seller...

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

good luck!

Well he is picking it up...so if it turns out to be a piece o' cr@p, he can give the seller a bump on the noggin!

i just hope he doesn't get mugged! as long as the meet isn't going to happen in a dark alley somewhere, i guess he's okay

we are meeting in front of a major grocery store here in canada, the seller is even letting me walk away from the deal if i don't like the books condition... smile.gif

Assuming you can walk, after he shoots you and takes your wallet.

just picked it up. I'd say it was VG... not too thrilled with it.

although... i talked them down... but i still probably paid too much for it. instead of paying 71US, i gave them 30US.

the spine is ok.. but not great, all the edges of the comic are beaten up. the right side is the worst... frayed and has some small pieces missing. i was hoping it would be a good comic to have graded... but it isn't

if they mailed this comic to me... i would have demanded a refund, or atleast partial refund... their picture of the comic conveniently did not show the damage along the right side... this comic would be a good comic to trim though...hmm

although... i talked them down... but i still probably paid too much for it. instead of paying 71US, i gave them 30US.

Translation:

They pulled a gun, I peed my pants, and they took off with my wallet and car, so I had to make up this lame-hass story to keep my board dignity.

Translation:

They pulled a gun, I peed my pants, and they took off with my wallet and car, so I had to make up this lame-hass story to keep my board dignity.

what board dignity?

confused-smiley-013.gif

if you paid $30 for a VG FF 16, that's not something to complain too much about. most people here (who would buy something in that grade) would be happy to get that. granted, you had to schlep to get it.

the spine is ok.. but not great, all the edges of the comic are beaten up. the right side is the worst... frayed and has some small pieces missing. i was hoping it would be a good comic to have graded... but it isn't

if they mailed this comic to me... i would have demanded a refund, or atleast partial refund... their picture of the comic conveniently did not show the damage along the right side... this comic would be a good comic to trim though...hmm

I'm gled you were able to talk them down. Although the scan was a total joke the book you got was described as VG. Sounds like that's what you got. For $30 that's not a bad deal.

I told you in my PM this was trouble.

My eBay auction senses said 80% disappointment rate. frown.gif

The scan looked manipulated... mad.gif

if you paid $30 for a VG FF 16, that's not something to complain too much about. most people here (who would buy something in that grade) would be happy to get that. granted, you had to schlep to get it.

Yeah $30 is a steal with no shipping if it's true blue 4.0.

I sold a FF 16 4.0/4.5 two years ago for $50 to a board member and one in the same grade range last year for a little less ($45-49 or something on ebay).

Stick up a scan. poke2.gif