• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BEWARE Unknown Comics - TERRIBLE Customer Service!
3 3

129 posts in this topic

On 12/23/2021 at 11:44 PM, fastballspecial said:

Yes I did per the return Paypal policy at the time. 
Even put signature confirmation just in case they tried
to deny I sent them. Anything else?

Go ahead and buy from them if you like. I learned my 
lesson just trying to prevent others from having the 
same issue. We used to do this on this board regularly.

Nothing else. Just wondering. A heads up is good. I had bought from a well known seller a couple of months ago and the sale went south. Then the refund went south. Book was still listed on his site. It had, in fact, been sold. He issued an immediate refund in the form of an e-check. PayPal held it for 2 weeks. I didn't understand why as I have issued refunds to clients and they were repaid immediately. A refund in my direction should have been immediately put back in my account.

I contacted him, was told a refund was issued and it wasn't his problem. I thought the form of the refund was a cheap shot. I didn't send an e-check forcing him to wait 2 weeks two weeks to get paid, right? Anyway, I waited 2 weeks and eventually got refunded at PayPal's pleasure. Meanwhile the seller blocked me after only 2 contacts. I wasn't mean to him. Just mentioned I'd bring it here to the Court Of CGC Members if the refund wasn't forthcoming. Funny that later the same day, the refund showed up in my PayPal account. After 2 weeks of PayPal telling me they were waiting for funds from the seller to be deposited to back up his e-check.

It's funny, but the old business saying "The First Generation Builds The Business And The Second One Tears It Down" applies in a lot of instances.

Edited by Randall Ries

On 12/24/2021 at 2:22 AM, lizards2 said:

Cold Ethyl?

Oh MAN! I just spit coffee all over the cat.

I had a girlfriend years ago who "suspended" normal relationship....eh....relations. Turns out that's what she did to men when she was sick of them instead of just telling them "this is no longer what I want".

After awhile, I started getting a little antsy, then resentful. A lifelong friend came over and we 3 were hanging out and he asked "So, how YOU guys doing?"

Without missing a beat I said:

"One thing!
No lie!
Lisa frigid as an Eskimo Pie!
She's cool!
In bed!
She oughtta be
'Cause......"

That's about as far as I got before the Lisa Police pulled me over for rapping in a forbidden zone.