• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED! Thanks
7 7

80 posts in this topic

Ending the day with a holiday themed book, as I'm sure everyone would rather be spending time with family/friend, eating and drinking, than on chat board!

Vault of Horror #35 (G):  $400.  $300.  "Classic Axe Wielding Manic/Coffin" Xmas cover!  Love that gang of insufficiently_thoughtful_persons!  Buy this and you'll have the whole genre!!  SOLD!

• The Good - Really nice colors (scanner made colors slightly brighter - reds seem to throw off, but red in logo is close),
  • The Bad - bottom staple loose, stamp FC & 1st pg (same), 1" split bottom spine, rust on staples, OW Pgs.

VOH #35 FC.jpg

VOH #35 BC.jpg

Edited by PreHero

Need to move more books!  In keeping with holiday spirit, how about some discounts?  Sure!!

• Comedy #13 (G):  Now $40!
  • Comedy #19 (VG/F) Only $200
  • Spirit 6/30/40 (#5) (VG+):  Now $40!
  • War Comics (Dell) #3 (G-): Now $50!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!

Edited by PreHero
Add more discount books

On 12/24/2021 at 6:03 PM, PreHero said:

Ending the day with a holiday themed book, as I'm sure everyone would rather be spending time with family/friend, eating and drinking, than on chat board!

Vault of Horror #35 (G):  $400.  $300.  "Classic Axe Wielding Manic/Coffin" Xmas cover!  Love that gang of insufficiently_thoughtful_persons!  Buy this and you'll have the whole genre!!  Merry Christmas!

• The Good - Really nice colors (scanner made colors slightly brighter - reds seem to throw off, but red in logo is close),
  • The Bad - bottom staple loose, stamp FC & 1st pg (same), 1" split bottom spine, rust on staples, OW Pgs.

VOH #35 FC.jpg

VOH #35 BC.jpg

I’ll take it per pm

On 12/23/2021 at 5:24 PM, PreHero said:

Rangers #26 (G-):  $450. $375.  Classic WWII/GGA cover!  Book presents really well with nice colors, but has major issue - moisture.

• The Good - Orange in scan is a little brighter than book, but it does have a strong color strike.
  • The Bad -
    • Stains all over FC, moisture/water damage cover and pages (whole book has been exposed to moisture),
    • Someone punched a hole thru entire book (from "s" in newsstand BC to under right leg FC) with no paper loss, there's a dent from BC thru 3/4th book (from "a" in all BC),
    • Pcs missing FC, bug chews on spine,
    • May be hard to see in scan, but there's two med pcs missing along in clouds on bottom spine,
    • Rusty staple, OW Pgs.  Yeah, it's seen better days!

Rangers #26 FC.jpg

Rangers #26 BC.jpg

On 12/23/2021 at 5:29 PM, PreHero said:

Firebrands of Christ nn (VG-):  $200. $150.  Not in OSPG (PM me if I missed entry), so assume it's at least scarce.

• Tanning inside covers, pcs out bottom FC, Crm Pgs.

Firebrands of Christ FC.jpg

Firebrands of Christ BC.jpg

Take both per PM. Thanks!

On 12/27/2021 at 10:33 AM, Cobbledclam said:

Wahooooooo!  Nothing like a good comic cleanse to give your boxes some breathing room!

276CA94E-BB89-4615-8C6A-0C5DE3BB4D9C.jpeg

Yes, nice to make a bit of room!  High WAF!!  Now to move the last few stragglers.

Made more reductions.  Planning to close thread at 6pm tonight.  Will send final invoices after.  Thanks to all who purchased!

On 12/24/2021 at 1:41 AM, PreHero said:

One last book for the night - great cover on a tough book in really rough shape!

Crime Mysteries #2 (fair): $500. $400. $300 $250. $200  $150  "Classic monster with girl in red dress" cover!  OK, I made that up.

• The Good - Great colors and gloss on FC (where have you heard that before!?!).  It's complete.
  • The Bad - cover loose, spine splits and pieces out spine, spine is fragile, pcs out bottom FC, 1" tear right edge FC, OW Pgs.

Crime Mysteries #2 FC.jpg

Crime Mysteries #2 BC.jpg

:takeit: