• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL Cornfield Library lounge area thread. Off topic posts are allowed!
16 16

40,629 posts in this topic

On 12/31/2021 at 7:59 PM, Randall Ries said:

I thought they are doing the "Dinner And A Movie" thing. Or was that last night?

I am bummed as each and every band (Umphrey's, SCI and then WSP) has needed to cancel because of Omicron. I agree with the "why". And I suppose we were very fortunate to have had such a vigorous Phish summer tour. Each show was outstanding.

I am ALSO personally fortunate in that I have a friend who got all the 4k satellite Phish summer tour and subbed in the 24/96 FLAC releases as audio. He is quite skilled at what he does and each show is a visual and aural masterpiece.

No... tonight is something called "Live from the 9th Cube" 

So the entire show is going to be done like Trey did the shows at the Beacon... 

Fun Fact... Trey gave a shout out to "Buzzetta" at a show once... heh heh - I have that recording.

https://www.billboard.com/music/rock/phish-new-years-eve-show-dinner-and-a-movie-livestream-1235014404/

“The show will be performed without an audience and will be webcast for free on Phish’s YouTube channel and LivePhish.com, with a simulcast on Phish Radio on SiriusXM. Phish will take the stage promptly at 8:30PM ET on December 31st.”

On 12/31/2021 at 5:04 PM, Buzzetta said:

Fun Fact... Trey gave a shout out to "Buzzetta" at a show once... heh heh - I have that recording.

any friend of kav's is a friend of theirs.

With that you filthy animals...

I have to go pick someone up. 

I wish you all a happy new year with health, happiness, and good fortune.  Even @bedrockcomics  No snark intended with that comment.  I promise. 

buon anno 

Edited by Buzzetta

On 12/31/2021 at 5:17 PM, Buzzetta said:

With that you filthy animals...

I have to go pick someone up. 

I wish you all a happy new year with health, happiness, and good fortune.  Even @bedrockcomics  No snark intended with that comment.  I promise. 

buon anno 

keep the change!

On 12/31/2021 at 4:17 PM, oakman29 said:

Yeah more like this....

56e7bcbe1e0000b30070428b.thumb.jpeg.53eea427c457515a67ed83078543146b.jpeg

A friend of mine hit one if these giant dudes with a rental car in Northern Cali about 10 years ago.  Lucky it didn't just shake it off and kill him.

Edited by MattTheDuck

On 12/31/2021 at 6:20 PM, MattTheDuck said:

A friend of mine hit one if these giant dudes with a rental car in Northern Cali about 10 years ago.  Lucky it didn't just shake it off and kill him.

I've run into three while trail running and a fourth was unseen but following me as I saw it's prints in my snow tracks. Scary, primal encounters.

On 12/31/2021 at 5:20 PM, MattTheDuck said:

On 12/31/2021 at 5:24 PM, grendelbo said:

I've run into three while trail running and a fourth was unseen but following me as I saw it's prints in my snow tracks. Scary, primal encounters.

My buddy works for the mountain lion foundation-mountain lions attacks very rare-they avoid humans and do not recognize them as food because we stand on 2 legs.  If a child is on all fours for example, that can prompt an attack.  As far as the zero tolerance and putting them down if they attack humans, he says far more are killed by cars.

On 12/31/2021 at 6:28 PM, kav said:

My buddy works for the mountain lion foundation-mountain lions attacks very rare-they avoid humans and do not recognize them as food because we stand on 2 legs.  If a child is on all fours for example, that can prompt an attack.  As far as the zero tolerance and putting them down if they attack humans, he says far more are killed by cars.

All have scattered. Bears too I've encountered. But it's scary. However, too many times I've been out in the wild and convinced I'm being stalked. There's this primal instinct.

On 12/31/2021 at 5:34 PM, grendelbo said:

All have scattered. Bears too I've encountered. But it's scary. However, too many times I've been out in the wild and convinced I'm being stalked. There's this primal instinct.

your subconscious knows whats going on-always.  It analyzes every leaf drop or wind change to search for danger.  Its quite remarkable actually.  Always trust that sudden fear.

On 12/31/2021 at 6:36 PM, kav said:

your subconscious knows whats going on-always.  It analyzes every leaf drop or wind change to search for danger.  Its quite remarkable actually.  Always trust that sudden fear.

Exactly.

On 12/31/2021 at 5:52 PM, grendelbo said:

Exactly.

gavin de becker talks about it in Gift of Fear-here's a fascinating excerpt woman who survived serial killer by listening to subconscious:
https://www.oprah.com/oprahs-lifeclass/the-gift-of-fear-by-gavin-de-becker/all

On 12/31/2021 at 5:52 PM, grendelbo said:

Exactly.

ps let me know if you read it I have an interesting question for you about her experience.

On 12/31/2021 at 7:03 PM, kav said:

ps let me know if you read it I have an interesting question for you about her experience.

Gimme a day. Playing Fortnite until the Goose show starts.