• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL Cornfield Library lounge area thread. Off topic posts are allowed!
16 16

40,622 posts in this topic

On 1/8/2022 at 7:48 PM, kav said:

dont forget to subtract PTO tht should make ease a bit.

No, I go by calendar days.  There is a specific target date.  

On 1/8/2022 at 4:58 PM, Buzzetta said:

No, I go by calendar days.  There is a specific target date.  

true but look at the brite side climb a bit.

Delguidice is live... 

https://fb.watch/ap_ZB1UWso/

Don't know how to embed.  So for those that do not know, here is the short version.  Mike Delguidice of Miller Place, Long Island, fronted his own Billy Joel cover band when one day Billy takes notice and goes, "Hire that man."  Since then Delguidice tours as part of Billy Joel's touring band around the country and world.  When Billy does not have a concert, Delguidice sings Billy's vocals and brings along a few guys from the Billy's touring band to perform as Big Shot.

Delguidice is a singer songwriter in his own right.  

However, when Mike is at home on Wednesdays and Saturdays he puts on shows from his home as part of his, "Live From the Porch" series.

On 1/8/2022 at 9:28 PM, kav said:

Do New Yorkers enjoy Seinfeld more than regular people @Buzzetta?

This doesn't count as a "tag" since I am already in this thread.  (I am still not giving up the name so, 'no')

I think that there are certain jokes that we get that people outside of New York would not.  They do a good job of trying to explain the context of certain things to the national audience, but in the 90's only those in New York truly got the lane issue problem of the Van Wyck lol.

There are other things like George's dad ranting about Jay Buhner is something only Yankee fans would truly appreciate on the level it was intended. 

There are many others... but there are a lot of silent nods to what was going on at the time. 

On 1/8/2022 at 6:34 PM, Buzzetta said:

This doesn't count as a "tag" since I am already in this thread.  (I am still not giving up the name so, 'no')

I think that there are certain jokes that we get that people outside of New York would not.  They do a good job of trying to explain the context of certain things to the national audience, but in the 90's only those in New York truly got the lane issue problem of the Van Wyck lol.

There are other things like George's dad ranting about Jay Buhner is something only Yankee fans would truly appreciate on the level it was intended. 

There are many others... but there are a lot of silent nods to what was going on at the time. 

How about one of my favs "no soup for you!"? 🤣🤣🤣 Does the soup Nazi exist?

On 1/8/2022 at 6:34 PM, Buzzetta said:

The Dinkins stuff and whatnot us regular people didnt really 'get'.

On 1/8/2022 at 6:35 PM, CHASEnBLUE said:

How about one of my favs "no soup for you!"? 🤣🤣🤣 Does the soup Nazi exist?

yep my brother went there.  i'll look for the pics.