• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL Cornfield Library lounge area thread. Off topic posts are allowed!
16 16

40,655 posts in this topic

On 1/16/2022 at 6:58 PM, MattTheDuck said:

Not to quibble, but I'm pretty sure almost all of Luke's training comes from Yoda.  Obi-Wan provided like one light speed trip's training.

yup.
Basically his entire training was saying "Reach out with your FEELINGS".
thats it.
Its like an MMA trainer who just says "win" and leaves.

On 1/16/2022 at 8:58 PM, MattTheDuck said:

Not to quibble, but I'm pretty sure almost all of Luke's training comes from Yoda.  Obi-Wan provided like one light speed trip's training.

Most of these I do not make, but yes much like some of these fantasy movies are flawed, so are the memes.  

Also...

FB_IMG_1640075293983.jpg.be8982353cd84b5abacfc3f83bceb8ea.jpg

On 1/16/2022 at 7:00 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Most of these I do not make, but yes much like some of these fantasy movies are flawed, so are the memes.  

Also...

there should be way more missin fingers with them lightsabre guys.

On 1/16/2022 at 7:00 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Also...

Yeah, I wasn't assuming this was a mistake by you, but as you note the kind of thing that if enough people don't notice ends up as "truth."

On 1/16/2022 at 9:03 PM, MattTheDuck said:

Yeah, I wasn't assuming this was a mistake by you, but as you note the kind of thing that if enough people don't notice ends up as "truth."

20210331_151216.jpg.887e9c4c36338d6e2e81b90481b16122.jpg

On 1/16/2022 at 9:16 PM, Buzzetta said:

I care as much someone likes any movie as far as I care about what type of tacos they like. 

I don't mean that in a bad way personally to you.  It just doesn't matter if you don't "like" something in a way that diminishes or adds to my enjoyment of something.  

I have seen a lot of nerds bash Star Wars for being unrealistic or plot holes, or a misdirection of the narrative or anything else that they feel should be or should have happened or should not have happened. 

Meanwhile, they argue those points while forgetting that if one imperial gunner shot the escape pods like they were supposed to instead of preserving energy on a Star Destroyer, the whole franchise would have been resolved within fifteen minutes back in 1977.

It's Star Wars... it's a movie.  Either people like it or they don't.  However, the rage?  I've never understood. 

I enjoy it. 

It's fun. 

Any movie can be picked apart to find plot holes

However, Episodes 7-9 had Empire State Building sized  plot holes!

ROTJ wasn't a great movie either, weakest of the OT.

But ROTS??

One word: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

It's a NO  for me!

Star wars has really hinged its greatness upon ESB mostly and a bit of ANH! The rest are mediocre to bad.

Mandalorian was pretty good, all things considered. 

I don't know why people enjoy Rogue One, it's not awful like TLJ, but it largely serves no purpose. The only scene worth rewatching was when Vader wipes out the rebels! The uncanny valley almost made me toss my cookies like on page 192 of this thread! 

The reason the fans are sad is because you had great potential from the Prequels to the Awfulquels with bringing back Fisher, Hamil. & Ford to do amazing things with a new group or great things with young Yoda, Obi Wan, etc and they just flushed it down the latrine

amirite

On 1/16/2022 at 7:09 PM, Comics4All said:

But ROTS??

It's a NO  for me!

Star wars has really hinged its greatness upon ESB mostly and a bit of ANH! The rest are mediocre to bad.

I don't know why people enjoy Rogue One, it's not awful like TLJ, but it largely serves no purpose. The only scene worth rewatching was when Vader wipes out the rebels! The uncanny valley almost made me toss my cookies like on page 192 of this thread! 

The reason the fans are sad is because you had great potential from the Prequels to the Awfulquels with bringing back Fisher, Hamil. & Ford to do amazing things with a new group or great things with young Yoda, Obi Wan, etc and they just flushed it down the latrine

amirite

yep

On 1/16/2022 at 9:09 PM, Comics4All said:

But ROTS??

It's a NO  for me!

amirite

AgreeableImmediateIbizanhound-size_restricted.gif.b14065d2822c3c36147ca388686b426f.gif

I mean, come on, in any weapons martial arts, no one starts off a white-belt student with an actual razor-sharp katana or needle-tip sai or obsidian-edge blade... or even real nunchucks. Yet there's ol' Obi-Wand handing a light saber to an adolescent vapor farmer who's never seen one before and letting him go swinging it around. 

a8cd606f4d1ebfbbe9d426defbdb0a85.gif

On 1/16/2022 at 9:13 PM, jcjames said:

I mean, come on, in any weapons martial arts, no one starts off a white-belt student with an actual razor-sharp katana or needle-tip sai or obsidian-edge blade... or even real nunchucks. Yet there's ol' Obi-Wand handing a light saber to an adolescent vapor farmer who's never seen one before and letting him go swinging it around. 

20211206_132742.jpg.b207fffc0d379a3daa1a7b0926d5c3c4.jpg

On 1/16/2022 at 7:13 PM, jcjames said:

No instruction whatsoever just "here".  Wut if Luke had held it pointin at his head when he let 'er rip??