• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL Cornfield Library lounge area thread. Off topic posts are allowed!
15 15

40,358 posts in this topic

Deliverance actor quite a character 45 years later

It's been 45 years since Deliverance made movie theaters squeal. The actor who played a notorious hillbilly villain is still a naturally entertaining character in Appalachia.

This year marks 45 years since Coward graced the silver screen as the "toothless man" in one of the most notorious and disturbing rape scenes in Hollywood history. He and costar Bill McKinney are credited with conjuring the infamous "squeal like a pig" line that became so engrained in popular culture.

"We did improvise a whole lot and it was brutal stuff," said Coward. "Bill [McKinney] was asking me what we should do with him [Ned Beatty's character, Bobby] and I said, 'Make him squeal like a pig. Make him squeal like Pa's old pig.' I said it a few times, but it didn't make it in the movie. Then I told that ol' boy he's got a 'purty' mouth, so that was my line people remember."

Deliverance villain actor still a characte

On 1/27/2022 at 6:51 PM, 1950's war comics said:

"We did improvise a whole lot and it was brutal stuff," said Coward. "Bill [McKinney] was asking me what we should do with him [Ned Beatty's character, Bobby] and I said, 'Make him squeal like a pig. Make him squeal like Pa's old pig.' I said it a few times, but it didn't make it in the movie. Then I told that ol' boy he's got a 'purty' mouth, so that was my line people remember."

Deliverance villain actor still a characte

5bdc8c92489e50dbb923f3b64987bb44.gif

Edited by jcjames