• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL Cornfield Library lounge area thread. Off topic posts are allowed!
15 15

40,357 posts in this topic

On 1/27/2022 at 6:17 PM, Buzzetta said:

Okay... this is what I wanted to reply to the thread as it was locked after he got all butthurt refusing to believe that "guilt by association" is a good thing or whatever he said.  

I had a former friend that did some pretty horrible things when an African American family moved across the street from him.  Originally he denied it but eventually he fessed up when his own mother yelled at him for doing what he did.  We were in our late 20's at the time when this happened.  He decided it would be a good idea to leave discriminatory notes on their garage and car.  Someone like that, many of us decided to distance ourselves from.   

When I say, "he who lies down with dogs, gets up with fleas" that is true.  Hanging around someone like this validates that behavior.  You don't get to say, "He is a horrible person and a pretty big racist, but I will be damned if he isn't a fun guy to have in a fantasy football league."

Sometimes you have to leave the trash at the curb. 

It's like a slap in the face. Really brings that "Man, you think you KNOW somebody", right? We had a friend who was always goofing around and he finally did something REALLY stupid and ended up in prison (not jail) for 5 years.

He was a joker. Hilarious, really. Life of the party. When he returned from prison, he was much the same. Glad to be out to be sure.

We got hammered together, all of us, over the following weekend. It was good to see him again and all of us together again.

ONE of us got to his limit and drunk, passed out cold on the floor. Jokerman thought that was typical.

"He never COULD drink, could he? HARHARHARHAAARRRR! HEY! Let's grease him up and have a go at him!"

Dead silence in the room. High and drunk as we were. Sudden silence. "WHAT?"

"HuhhuhhuhYEAH! NO BIGGIE! No wimmin here anyway! LET'S ROLL HIM OVER, GREASE HIM UP AND GO FOR IT! NOTHIN' TO IT! HE WON'T EVEN KNOW!"

Ehhhhhhh. No. Dude was dead serious. After a small pause, some bigger (larger) people than me went over and stood over our passed out friend. Then, the rest of us. Jokerboy was told he was no longer welcome and maybe he needed to go. No maybe about it.

So, he tried fluffing it off "AW! I wuz only KIDDIN'!" and so forth. But we saw it in his face and heard it in his voice. So, he left. He tried getting hold of different members of our troupe in the following week. None of us wanted to have anything to do with him anymore.

Whatever he had gotten into in prison certainly wasn't what we were into on the face of it. Raping an unconscious friend was WAAAAY off the menu. He had to go. We all got to avoid him because back then, it wasn't all about cell phones and ignoring calls and texts. It was pretending we weren't home when he pulled in the driveway. Or telling him it was done and listening to "AW! I was only KIDDIN'! You KNOW ME!"

Bad people gots to go if you are a half way decent person.