• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL Cornfield Library lounge area thread. Off topic posts are allowed!
16 16

40,622 posts in this topic

On 2/1/2022 at 3:23 PM, D84 said:

If she knew my ex-wife, she might have...

plus remember-any insult or accusation or whatever you can always defeat em by merely saying "your mama"
that or grimace and wave hand in front of your face and say "YOU NEED A TIC TAC!"

On 2/1/2022 at 5:22 PM, D84 said:

It was tempting to make a snide comment, since I knew it was going nowhere.

When it comes to situations like that.

I tend to go by the philosophy of entertain myself, as like you said," you know it is going nowhere" , so I might as well enjoy what I can. 

On 2/1/2022 at 3:25 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

When it comes to situations like that.

I tend to go by the philosophy of entertain myself, as like you said," you know it is going nowhere" , so I might as well enjoy what I can. 

He said how he missed his mom and started crying because the music reminded him of her. She’s alive and all. Just wasn’t there at the restaurant with us.

https://www.factinate.com/experience/awful-dates-ended-at-hello/43?fact=vidazoo&utm_term=vidazoo&utm_source=sm&utm_medium=fact_fb_sm_steve2_helnd_d_broad_vv125&utm_content=fbkd&fbclid=IwAR0YRE5pzhyENAA2vY9xoeu9R3_lVfl9jFXLo8OFjMYO7j8SspH6N19QNdI

On 2/1/2022 at 5:24 PM, kav said:

plus remember-any insult or accusation or whatever you can always defeat em by merely saying "your mama"
that or grimace and wave hand in front of your face and say "YOU NEED A TIC TAC!"

If you are going to go the insulting route there are many ways. Although those may end with drinks+ thrown, slaps, etc.. it would be faster to change the subject with a compliment that turn creepy as that almost always results in them quickly excusing themselves never to return. 

Example. 

Did you beat your ex wife?!

I really like your hair it looks exactly like hers used to look .... (pause)  before...

(sit silently staring at it and do not reply to any further questions/etc for several minutes,  instead just focus on her hair acting like you don't even hear her.. )  

If she is really persistent every so often you can sprinkle in a quick: What were you saying? I just cant believe it looks so much like hers... 

On 2/1/2022 at 5:34 PM, kav said:

See this guy gets it. He wanted out and used to only excuse he could come up with.. 

Spoiler

It worked and so well that his date felt it necessary to share the story. 

Spoiler

Or he really just is in need of a LOT of therapy and she should avoid at all cost.. 

I was 18, a girl sent me a message on MSN saying she got my details from my friend and wanted to go on a date with me. I asked my friend and he said she was hot, so after talking a bit I agreed to a date. I had seen a photo and she was attractive. I turned up at the cafe for the date. It all went wrong instantly. I was approached by some girl I’d never seen with a baby.

She then told me she was the girl, even though she looked nothing like her photo. She explained she thought I’d never go for someone who looked like her (she was right). But that wasn’t all. She then left her baby with me while she went to the toilet quickly. Alarm bells started to ring after 15 minutes. I asked a waitress to check on her.When the waitress came back, she told me news that made my blood run cold. She said no one was in there. I looked around the cafe and she was gone.

I hadn’t noticed her leaving. I didn’t have any of her contact details and smartphones were not a thing so I didn’t have internet access. I phoned my friend and got him to attempt to contact her on MSN.After telling him what happened he was surprised and had no idea, apparently he also thought her pictures were the real her. Another 20 minutes went by and I was scared so I asked the waitress for help.

Thankfully she was able to help and called the authorities. They showed up and I explained what happened. I didn’t know anything about this girl so I couldn’t really help them.They said if she contacted me to get her to contact them. I left and walked towards my car, and in so doing I went past another cafe about six shops down. I couldn’t believe what I saw. There she was with a different guy. I went back to the officers and got them to take her baby in while I watched through the window outside and waved when she looked up. Turns out I was the babysitter for her real date.

On 2/1/2022 at 3:36 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

If you are going to go the insulting route there are many ways. Although those may end with drinks+ thrown, slaps, etc.. it would be faster to change the subject with a compliment that turn creepy as that almost always results in them quickly excusing themselves never to return. 

Example. 

I really like your hair it looks exactly like hers used to look .... (pause)  before...

(sit silently staring at it and do not reply to any further questions/etc for several minutes,  instead just focus on her hair acting like you don't even hear her.. )  

If she is really persistent every so often you can sprinkle in a quick: What were you saying? I just cant believe it looks so much like hers... 

naw I love confrontation-I always go that route if someone else sends up the balloon first.

When she responded to a “Hi” on Tinder with something like “hey cutie, want to come to my parents’ house?” We chatted for a bit, and according to her she wasn’t looking for anything serious but she wanted me to pick her up, take her out to dinner, and maybe get it on afterwards. Very transactional, which kind of stung but whatever she was hot.

I looked up the address she gave me. When I read it, I got a small, dark feeling. I was surprised to find a neighborhood I did some work in, and that the house was one I knew was for sale. Specifically, the owner passed and it was being gutted to be resold by his kids. At this point I was 100% convinced this was a scam, but somewhat curious, I decided to drive by and see if anyone was there.

I texted her I was coming, but in a different type of car. It was a really expensive neighborhood on a sea-cliff, and it felt like an adventure. I took my work truck. I drove by and some huge dude comes out of the house, stares at my truck, and goes back in. I could see other people inside. I noped out of there super fast. Pretty convinced it was a phishing scam to mug me, or a prank. Didn’t feel like finding out.

On 2/1/2022 at 5:40 PM, kav said:

I was 18, a girl sent me a message on MSN saying she got my details from my friend and wanted to go on a date with me. I asked my friend and he said she was hot, so after talking a bit I agreed to a date. I had seen a photo and she was attractive. I turned up at the cafe for the date. It all went wrong instantly. I was approached by some girl I’d never seen with a baby.

She then told me she was the girl, even though she looked nothing like her photo. She explained she thought I’d never go for someone who looked like her (she was right). But that wasn’t all. She then left her baby with me while she went to the toilet quickly. Alarm bells started to ring after 15 minutes. I asked a waitress to check on her.When the waitress came back, she told me news that made my blood run cold. She said no one was in there. I looked around the cafe and she was gone.

I hadn’t noticed her leaving. I didn’t have any of her contact details and smartphones were not a thing so I didn’t have internet access. I phoned my friend and got him to attempt to contact her on MSN.After telling him what happened he was surprised and had no idea, apparently he also thought her pictures were the real her. Another 20 minutes went by and I was scared so I asked the waitress for help.

Thankfully she was able to help and called the authorities. They showed up and I explained what happened. I didn’t know anything about this girl so I couldn’t really help them.They said if she contacted me to get her to contact them. I left and walked towards my car, and in so doing I went past another cafe about six shops down. I couldn’t believe what I saw. There she was with a different guy. I went back to the officers and got them to take her baby in while I watched through the window outside and waved when she looked up. Turns out I was the babysitter for her real date.

WOW! I've dated some c:censored:s in my day, but damn.

On 2/1/2022 at 3:46 PM, D84 said:

WOW! I've dated some c:censored:s in my day, but damn.

probably my worst date was she invited me over to her place.  I knocked and she opens the door on the phone, hands me a beer.  I sit down.  sip and wait I figger it'll just be a few minutes before she wraps up the phone call.  5 minutes pass.  10.  20.  30.  at 35 minutes I looked at the clock and said to myself if she's still on the phone in 5 minutes I'm outtie.  5 minutes later I get up.  she gets off phone quickly.  "Oh are you leaving?"  "Yeah I had a great time but I'm kinda tired now".  She tried to talk me into staying but nope.  called me and left messages all week which I did not return.
I mean, what did she think was supposed to happen?
"Oh I just invited a guy over to watch me talk on the phone-should be a great time!"

On 2/1/2022 at 5:52 PM, kav said:

probably my worst date was she invited me over to her place.  I knocked and she opens the door on the phone, hands me a beer.  I sit down.  sip and wait I figger it'll just be a few minutes before she wraps up the phone call.  5 minutes pass.  10.  20.  30.  at 35 minutes I looked at the clock and said to myself if she's still on the phone in 5 minutes I'm outtie.  5 minutes later I get up.  she gets off phone quickly.  "Oh are you leaving?"  "Yeah I had a great time but I'm kinda tired now".  She tried to talk me into staying but nope.  called me and left messages all week which I did not return.
"Oh I just invited a guy over to watch me talk on the phone-should be a great time!"

If she only spent 35 minutes on the phone and handed you a beer while you waited. She was a keeper.  :banana:

On 2/1/2022 at 5:52 PM, kav said:

After all the relationship/dating problems I've had, I decided dying alone is better than wading through crazies.

On 2/1/2022 at 6:36 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Example. 

afb7751f53ff31203bafa02650805899.jpg

On 2/1/2022 at 6:52 PM, kav said:

Phone Call Reaction GIF