• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL Cornfield Library lounge area thread. Off topic posts are allowed!
16 16

40,622 posts in this topic

i'm a chocolaholic and it was maybe 10 years ago i was having a Reeses peanut butter cup which i love when it started to dawning on me that they didn't taste as good as i remembered... i didn't think much of it ,, and then some weeks passed and i had another Reeses and once again it just didn't taste like i remembered, so i had just gotten my first laptop and i typed in"why don't Reeses taste as good as they used to"  and lo and behold , i found out that at some point the cost of cocoa started getting really high so Hershey's just cut the cocoa in their chocolate by 40% to save costs ... no wonder they don't taste as good anymore ,,, one has to buy the expensive dark chocolate candy to get a decent amount of real cocoa anymore

Edited by 1950's war comics

On 1/20/2022 at 6:44 PM, KirbyJack said:

I will never forget the Marathon candy bar. In 6th grade I wrote, directed, cast, costumed and starred in my own Marathon commercial for the class. I was Marathon John, my friend John was Quick Claude the bad guy, and Ricky Watson, dressed in an old full length fake fur coat, played a grizzly bear. 

I miss the Marathon Bar.

On 1/20/2022 at 3:44 PM, KirbyJack said:

I will never forget the Marathon candy bar. In 6th grade I wrote, directed, cast, costumed and starred in my own Marathon commercial for the class. I was Marathon John, my friend John was Quick Claude the bad guy, and Ricky Watson, dressed in an old full length fake fur coat, played a grizzly bear. 

man i would love to see this.

On 1/20/2022 at 3:59 PM, electricprune said:

I miss the Marathon Bar.

WHY did they stop makin it??

On 1/20/2022 at 5:04 PM, electricprune said:

I do not know. But I check candy aisles every once in a while to see if someone happened to make it again.😟

Even if someone did, it’s probably not the same…😥😥😥