• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL Cornfield Library lounge area thread. Off topic posts are allowed!
16 16

40,415 posts in this topic

On 1/27/2022 at 3:13 PM, Buzzetta said:

This was actually a happy little accident.  I remember Stallone discussing this in an interview or a commentary for the film and he said it merely added to the fact that Rocky was a 'nobody' and it 'didn't matter' so he was pleased by this. 

sometimes the universe gives these little gifts.

-Anthony Hopkins in Fracture, about arranging the same gun to be used to kill his wife and her lover.

On 1/27/2022 at 3:17 PM, Buzzetta said:

Okay... this is what I wanted to reply to the thread as it was locked after he got all butthurt refusing to believe that "guilt by association" is a good thing or whatever he said.  

I had a former friend that did some pretty horrible things when an African American family moved across the street from him.  Originally he denied it but eventually he fessed up when his own mother yelled at him for doing what he did.  We were in our late 20's at the time when this happened.  He decided it would be a good idea to leave discriminatory notes on their garage and car.  Someone like that, many of us decided to distance ourselves from.   

When I say, "he who lies down with dogs, gets up with fleas" that is true.  Hanging around someone like this validates that behavior.  You don't get to say, "He is a horrible person and a pretty big racist, but I will be damned if he isn't a fun guy to have in a fantasy football league."

Sometimes you have to leave the trash at the curb. 

we cant talk abt this!!  :makepoint:

On 1/27/2022 at 6:26 PM, kav said:

sometimes the universe gives these little gifts.

-Anthony Hopkins in Fracture, about arranging the same gun to be used to kill his wife and her lover.

"sometimes the universe gives these little gifts."

- OJ Simpson after being asked to put his gloves on over a pair of latex gloves. 

On 1/27/2022 at 6:27 PM, kav said:

we cant talk abt this!!  :makepoint:

yes we can.   It's the other thing that cannot be discussed which was the nonstop making fun of Silvermaine 

I am going to run some errands since I know that I will not be doing that tomorrow evening apparently. 

Nassau County is supposed to be hit hard. 

To my fellow Nassau County boardies stay warm. 

https://weather.com/storms/winter/news/2022-01-25-late-january-east-coast-storm-noreaster-bomb-cyclone

On 1/27/2022 at 5:28 PM, Buzzetta said:

"sometimes the universe gives these little gifts."

- OJ Simpson after being asked to put his gloves on over a pair of latex gloves. 

And......

1swrvc.gif.9af71f65cd594691d278e9b7977f6d60.gif