• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Map of the DCU ??

25 posts in this topic

Not the one that takes you to P-Town (Patterson), Lots of crazy go-go bars off that exit...

well maby that IS blasphemy! devil.gif

Patterson!!!

That is probably the worst place I've ever been thru. What a dump.

You are correct Sir!

But what a strange town, as you ride through those seedy looking streets then come upon the Patterson Falls,

quite unexpectedly beautiful and the longest/largest natural waterfall on the east coast of America!

Ride down another questionable street (safety wise) and you see a lifesize statue of Lou Costello to whom

Patterson was his home!

Bayonne smelled like regurgitated rotten eggs.

Metropolis is in Delaware? Wrong. Gotham in South Jersey? Wrong. I think there was an old "Ask the Answer Man" column where someone asked where they were in relation to New York and he said something like,"Across the river," which, to my mind, puts them all right smushed together like Minneapolis-St. Paul or D/FW. Just one big megalopolis grown together. I mean, it's kind of obvious to me that Gotham (another old name for New York City) was intended to be a dark(er) version of New York and Metropolis is also a sunny-side up version of New York. Maybe with No Man's Land they are saying that there is some separation between them all, but I think for the lsat 60 years they've all been nearly contiguous.

When I was a kid growing up in Philadelphia, I always figured Flash's Central City was in central Pennsylvania around Harrisburg. But I guess it's supposed to be in the Mid-west somewhere. But we'll never know until something definitive comes out.

It's like The Simpsons. No one knows where Springfield is. Their home address is something like Springfield, NT.

Gotham is in NJ? screwy.gif

I could've told you that. It looks like a Jersey town. 27_laughing.gifpoke2.gif

I could have sworn it was somewhere around Detroit. insane.gif

Exactly! Detroit and Gotham are very similar, especially the corruption and decay. I laughed when someone earlier said how scary a city in NJ is: parts of Detroit rival Bahgdad - just switch the insurgents with druglords.

Now most of the suburbs are excellent, wholesome, and clean. Great place to live and raise kids.

The downtown area of D-town is decent - the upcoming Superbowl has helped put a good face on things. But its kinda like putting a wig on a sow - it may look better, but in the end it is still a pig.

Batman in Detroit... he would be most welcome 893scratchchin-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif