• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Slabs, All Star 57 (Last GA Issue) Batman 24, 66 (Joker Cover) Blonde Phantom, Marvel Mystery 30, 2 Schomburg Airbrush Covers, Jumbo 15 (Cosmic Aeroplane) WF 71,Lois Lane 1, Sensation 29 (scarce Wonder Woman)
5 5

68 posts in this topic

What I was trying to tell Claudio...was that unless eBay has a flashing red sign that says "FAKE PRICE LOOK IT UP ELSEWHERE", I'm not going to think of it, and most people won't have a clue. I'm not sure if that was the book without the CGC number on GPA or it was another one...so I couldn't compare.

On 1/2/2022 at 9:40 PM, skypinkblu said:

What I was trying to tell Claudio...was that unless eBay has a flashing red sign that says "FAKE PRICE LOOK IT UP ELSEWHERE", I'm not going to think of it, and most people won't have a clue. I'm not sure if that was the book without the CGC number on GPA or it was another one...so I couldn't compare.

What's really confusing is that sometime eBay shows a crossed through price for Best Offers show that it didn't sell for full price, but it seems that sometimes it doesn't, even when the best offer has been accepted. I can only think that they want people to assume items sold for more than they did.

On 1/2/2022 at 9:11 PM, OdinsSecrets said:

What's really confusing is that sometime eBay shows a crossed through price for Best Offers show that it didn't sell for full price, but it seems that sometimes it doesn't, even when the best offer has been accepted. I can only think that they want people to assume items sold for more than they did.

I've got a rule of thumb that I've increasingly come to believe in recent years - never ascribe to bad motives something that can just as easily be attributed to idiocy incompetence or error.

That is confusing!  Assumed if sold via BO, price was always crossed out in Sold listing.  Guess not, making eBay results less useful.

130point has never worked for me.  Agree on the too many hoops.  A pain, but it is their data.

Great books, esp the Wonderworld #10!  :cloud9:

On 1/2/2022 at 7:18 PM, grebal said:

I've got a rule of thumb that I've increasingly come to believe in recent years - never ascribe to bad motives something that can just as easily be attributed to idiocy incompetence or error.

I resemble that remark. :eek:

On 1/3/2022 at 4:45 AM, PreHero said:

That is confusing!  Assumed if sold via BO, price was always crossed out in Sold listing.  Guess not, making eBay results less useful.

130point has never worked for me.  Agree on the too many hoops.  A pain, but it is their data.

Yes, I always saw the "best offer accepted" ended listings as crossed out. I guess OdinsSecrets is right.

I also see now what Sharon was talking about. Well, at any rate, here it was just a $30 difference. I agree with grebal's "rule of thumb".

On 1/2/2022 at 4:31 AM, GACollectibles said:

I would recommend ebay results like the CMA #41 you found that have Best Offer in the listing be checked through https://130point.com/sales/ for the actual sale price, they typically match the GPA report

Thanks for the link. I was curious and put in a book I had purchased from ebay that lists as having been sold at full price (though I can see what I paid) and 130point showed my accepted offer. ebay doesn't seem consistent, there are books I've purchased that show a line through the ask and "best offer accepted" and ones that don't.