• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Plan to get Stan Lee....

20 posts in this topic

It'll get a 7.5, but for the yellow label to apply it has to be witnessed by a CGC posse member.

I am well versed in the way of the yellow label. Stan will be in Toronto in April, and the signing will take place under the watchful eye of a CGC witness. wink.gif

Wow you scared me. I thought you were going to get Stan Lee. But then why would you reveal your sinister plan on the boards. We could warn him...

7.5 like KoR said is a pretty good guess. Slight chance of higher?

Dan

27_laughing.gif Never really thought about the subject line.

I was thinking 6.0 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Wow you scared me. I thought you were going to get Stan Lee. But then why would you reveal your sinister plan on the boards. We could warn him...

7.5 like KoR said is a pretty good guess. Slight chance of higher?

Dan

It is difficult to gauge how the marvel tears/chipping will be graded. The lower right crease we can see and estimate.

Have fun getting Stan's signature.

Dan

..to sign my copy of ASM 33 and submit it for a yellow label. Any thoughts on the possible grade it will receive?

gradethisasm33fc.jpg

gradethisASM33bc.jpg

No offense guys . . . but what am I missing here? The very light 3/8" corner crease that appears to go through the book, but has been pressed (naturally, of course) back into shape? The tiny bit of edge tearing along the REFC? which some people refer to as pre-chipping?

This is a sweet looking copy of one of my all-time favorite Spidey covers, and I don't see anything below a 7.5 if not better. sumo.gif

I would agree with that grade but I think we are in the same boat, we may consider the Marvel chipping affecting the grade more than CGC does.

I would agree with that grade but I think we are in the same boat, we may consider the Marvel chipping affecting the grade more than CGC does.

I guess I'll just have to wait & see. I've been trying to sharpen my mid-grade skills, and hope to get some help on a few more.

I'm confident until the grade drops below VF. Still trying to nail down the 5.0-7.5 range.

I guess I'll just have to wait & see. I've been trying to sharpen my mid-grade skills, and hope to get some help on a few more.

I'm confident until the grade drops below VF. Still trying to nail down the 5.0-7.5 range.

Dont worry, KingofRulers is still trying to as well acclaim.gif

I was thinking 7.0/7.5. As Diva said, I don't think there's that much that brings this book down. And I don't think the tears would classify as chipping. I have a book with worse tearing than that and they called it "Pre Chipping" (I think).