• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM New Mutants 98
3 3

8 posts in this topic

On 1/30/2022 at 1:09 PM, grendelbo said:

Restored 7.5.

Thanks for sharing.

On 1/30/2022 at 1:40 PM, tng123 said:

Thanks for the input. But what does Restored 7.5 mean? Grade 7.5 because of the restoration?

I agree here...

And yes, restored because of the staple replacement. (thumbsu

On 2/2/2022 at 1:32 AM, Galen130 said:

I agree here...

And yes, restored because of the staple replacement. (thumbsu

Thanks.

What grade would it be if the staples were not messed up with? around 9.0? Could i presume that grad is reduced around 1.5+/- when messed up as this one.

Because i have almost 1/3 of my collection (at least 1000 books) messed up like this. Had too much free time at that time :)

On 2/2/2022 at 10:49 AM, Every Day A Story said:

How did this happen?

Well, i remember sometime around the end of 80s and beginning of 90s, Marvel sometime used large sharp staples on some books, and a few time when i read the books, the spines got ripped off. Then i got some "great" idea of replacing them with some fine normal staples. Also planning to get them bound to books so it should be fine i thought :). But thing got out of hand, couldnt afford to get too many to get bound and sometime some # missing. (costed almost 100us ea. book of 25issues). The worst thing was i started with almost all of my favorite titles at the time (all spider books, x-books, avengers etc.) not many expensive book, but the shear volume :( 

IMG_20220121_131036 (2).jpg

Edited by tng123
not need picture