• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is it a sin AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #299 ?
2 2

30 posts in this topic

On 2/6/2022 at 2:51 PM, grendelbo said:

I understand this completely.

I've had an ultra low grade copy of Incredible Hulk 180 for 35 years. I got it when I was 11 or 12. I've never been interested in upgrading it either.

Many times I've thought about cutting out that last panel, Wolverine's first appearance. One day I might.

Don't cut it out, just fold the back cover back, and put it in a mylar with the last page facing forward. I remember back in the 70s when dealers would fold National Lampoons with Neal Adams Son O God Comics back so the Adams art would be displayed. 

On 2/6/2022 at 6:48 PM, Domo Arigato said:

That's a great first offering. 

I'm going to claim it, and will post up my offer of a low-grade Ninjak comic shortly.

I did not clip the Hulk 180 page from the book. I purchased an Ebay lot of pages removed from comics that contained all 307 of the Marvel Value Stamps from the mid 1970's. Each page is the entire letters page from the book with stamp included. As I collect MVS stuff the auction was tailor made for me. I purchased the lot and it included a few other pages including the one from Incredible Hulk #180. I do like to have the framed page up on my wall though.

I wouldn't have any reservations of taking that Venom page from a beat copy of 299, and neither should anyone else. The book isn't rare.

On 2/6/2022 at 11:33 AM, Blastaar said:

I bought a low grade ASM #299 and I want to.............hack out the last page and frame it. 

1599930615_giphy(1).gif.6e3b72c87de8efa0ee5646fe3d359d17.gif

pls hack all McFarlane art.

It’s your book, do what brings you joy. 

If we were talking about something exceedingly rare and valuable the above would STILL be true… only difference being that the amount of value you’d be destroying might give you pause.