• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How Bad is the "Do Not Encapsulate Due to Overhang" Problem?

34 posts in this topic

Not to point out the glaringly obvious solution to your dilemna, but have you called CGC and told them your concerns and asked them how they would handle this?

Others have already stated that after asking for their money back, CGC refused. Do you honestly believe they'd give me special treatment? Now who's talking about maniacal? screwy.gif

Its not as common as you think. Out of 1000+ subs I sent in, I only had 2 come back with overhang problems

That's because you are the mack daddy nik thumbsup2.gif

Yeah, guess who I'm piggy-backing my next submission on. flowerred.gif

I was going to say that that favorable percentage just means that 998 of his subs must have had the overhang trimmed devil.gif

I was going to say that that favorable percentage just means that 998 of his subs must have had the overhang trimmed devil.gif

When in Rome...

... but I am a Greek tongue.gif

When in Rome...

... but I am a Greek tongue.gif

Who cares, as long as you get rid of the overhang.

Not to point out the glaringly obvious solution to your dilemna, but have you called CGC and told them your concerns and asked them how they would handle this?

Others have already stated that after asking for their money back, CGC refused. Do you honestly believe they'd give me special treatment? Now who's talking about maniacal? screwy.gif

JC, if only I had a nickel every time you compained about some aspect of CGC or the comic book market by saying "I was just about to send some books in to CGC to be graded, but (insert belly-aching complaint from the following list, you may only choose one per month):

a) they just raised the grading fee;

b) the market has crashed;

c) the TAT is too long;

d) SCS;

e) they changed the label;

aab) my books suffer from overhang."

27_laughing.gif

JC, if only I had a nickel every time you compained about some aspect of CGC or the comic book market by saying "I was just about to send some books in to CGC to be graded, but...

Think what you want, but I'm the type of person who, if he has a valid excuse, would rather not rummage through stacks of longboxes looking for potential submissions, and would rather sit down and watch the football game.

I am NOT making this stuff up, and it does bother me than the DNE books seem to be increasing, especially as I find some potential DNE's in my own CGC pile.

It also bothers me that CGC wants to keep my money for doing nothing (DNE), especially as by the time I get another submission ready, I'll probably have forgotten about it.

JC, if only I had a nickel every time you compained about some aspect of CGC or the comic book market by saying "I was just about to send some books in to CGC to be graded, but...

Think what you want, but I'm the type of person who, if he has a valid excuse, would rather not rummage through stacks of longboxes looking for potential submissions, and would rather sit down and watch the football game.

I am NOT making this stuff up, and it does bother me than the DNE books seem to be increasing, especially as I find some potential DNE's in my own CGC pile.

It also bothers me that CGC wants to keep my money for doing nothing (DNE), especially as by the time I get another submission ready, I'll probably have forgotten about it.

Too much man, you just said you've already done the rummaging and have your CGC pile, so just send the dang books in already!! makepoint.gif

Too much man, you just said you've already done the rummaging and have your CGC pile, so just send the dang books in already!! makepoint.gif

From my original post:

"I was going through some 30 and 35-cent variants last night, trying to figure out which ones might be worthy of CGC grading.. when I noticed that 3 of my primo ASM 35-centers had some cover overhang."