• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please grade my first GA comic!

29 posts in this topic

4.0 is about right - too nice for a 3.5, but that top cover chip keeps it away from 4.5 (for me anyway - but not everyone I guess). Pages look cream or cream-off white at best, though page quality is even harder to judge from a scan than condition, but if you are going to start buying low-mid grade GA books - get used being happy with cream pages, anything nicer is a bonus.

That a nice book or your first GA.

As you stated PQ is just ok.

Looks fairly solid at the staples, and only has a few minor tears and chips.

The back is pretty nice with only the bottom left corner fanning and loss of materials.

I'd say it makes VG. Not super strong, but it's there.

Thanks for the input guys!

I'm new to GA grading so I wasn't sure if it was a solid VG or not. I only paid around Overstreet Good price ($365), so I got a pretty good deal on it. I was looking at the 2.5 copy Payette has listed for $450 but thought that was too high.

I was disappointed in the PQ which seems darker than cream on the edges of some pages (tan?).

GA grading should be the same as any other grading. What's the point of having a grading "scale" if the scale is not truly representative in the first place? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

As for the PQ; do you plan to read the book? People make a big fuss out of PQ when it really only matters if you plan to read the book...and I think its safe to say most collectors don't crack open books like these to read. I don't get it.

Anyway, you got a nice deal on that one for sure. Sure is a nice book! thumbsup2.gif

3.5 maybe a 4.0. Nice eye appeal, and you got a nice price on it. Congrats on your first GA purchase. thumbsup2.gif Are you targeting any more GA books?

Thanks. I love most of the covers on Batman 1 thru 20, so I'd eventually like to own a run. But that'll probably take a long time.

3.5 maybe a 4.0. Nice eye appeal, and you got a nice price on it. Congrats on your first GA purchase. thumbsup2.gif Are you targeting any more GA books?

Thanks. I love most of the covers on Batman 1 thru 20, so I'd eventually like to own a run. But that'll probably take a long time.

3232.gif