• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Great Lakes Comic Convention - Feb 25-26 2022 - Warren MI - Jim Shooter, Brett Breeding, Larry Houston, Lex Luger and more - Our own Rich Henn will be the CGC SS Facilitator!

27 posts in this topic

Schedule of panels:

http://greatlakescomicconvention.com/downloads/2022-Panel-Schedule.pdf

A couple of interest to me at least:

11:15AM-12:00PM – PANEL ROOM A (THE MACOMB ROOM) “The Creation of Captain America” with Special Guest Jesse Simon Learn about the creation of Captain America from Jesse Simon. Jesse is Captain America co-creator Joe Simon’s grandson. Jesse has a wealth of stories to share about his grandfather and the creation of one of this country’s greatest comic book icons. The panel will focus on stories about Joe Simon and Jack Kirby, and the Golden Age Captain America. Also included will be a Question and Answer session about Joe Simon’s career. Jesse will also have prints to show of his grandfather’s artwork.

6:45PM-7:30PM – PANEL ROOM A (THE MACOMB ROOM) “Writing For Comics” with Special Guest Jim Shooter Jim Shooter has a wealth of experience to share about his experiences in the comic book industry. From being Editor-inChief at Marvel Comics from 1978 to 1987, to publishing comics under the Valiant Comics banner, Jim has always been at the center of many important changes in the industry. In this panel, hear directly from Jim Shooter about what it takes to be successful in an ever-changing comic book industry!

2:45PM-3:45PM – PANEL ROOM B (THE BLEACHERS) “The History of Valiant Comics” with Special Guest Jim Shooter and Special Guest Kevin VanHook Learn about the history of Valiant Comics from those who were there while it happened! Both Jim Shooter and Kevin VanHook will talk about their experiences with the company. This is a “must-see” panel for anyone who has interest in learning more about the comic book industry!

On 2/23/2022 at 10:40 AM, 1Cool said:

I typically drive over for this Con and have done a few photo reports of it.  This year I'm not going to be able to go but I'd love to see some pictures of all the great books I'll not be able to buy :)

Will do sir, but you do realize that some of these dealers haven't done a show since the 2020 one! :baiting:

That's okay though, more books for me to buy at 2020 prices :whee:

On 2/23/2022 at 11:56 AM, SkOw said:

Will do sir, but you do realize that some of these dealers haven't done a show since the 2020 one! :baiting:

That's okay though, more books for me to buy at 2020 prices :whee:

I'll be in Cancun so you are welcome to all the comics!  At this point sun wins out over comics every time.

On 2/23/2022 at 12:13 PM, 1Cool said:

I'll be in Cancun so you are welcome to all the comics!  At this point sun wins out over comics every time.

Have fun and a few cocktails for us old married guys. :preach: